I had small wound on skin that was caused by mosquito bite. It was very itchy and I obviously infected it when scratched it. Now it looks bad, it is red and painful, it seems like skin is inflamed in that area. Can I put bactrban cream on it? I remember that it helped once when spider bit me. Should I clean the wound with alcohol or peroxide?

You can clean it with 3% hydrogen peroxide and than treat it with bactroban cream. Bactroban is antibacterial medication; it reduces bacteria that affected the wound. If there is no result within 2-3 days, you should visit your physician and check it. Maybe you should add corticosteroid ointment to your therapy, to reduce inflammation. Bactroban use can be associated with itching and stinging, but as you said that you have already used it, you probably know that. Bactoban is very helpful in infections of skin wounds; I used it several times and always helped. But I guess that antibiotic creams should not be used very often, especially not the same one each time.