I have a friend who seemed to me as problematic person. One day she complains about this, and next it is something else. I cannot understand her although I am trying. I want to know what Polysporin and Neosporin works in her body. I saw she uses both of those medicines, so I would like to know differences, since it sounds almost the same for me. Is there any difference between Polysporin and Neosporin at all?

If your friend is complaining about so many things, obviously there is something wrong with her. Maybe it is on psychical level, but I would say she needs professional’s care anyway. I hope she visited her doctor and he is the one who recommended her those medicines. Indications why someone should use Polysporin are to help prevent infection in minor cuts, scrapes and burns. This medicine is just for external use, and if there is deep or puncture wounds, animal bites or serious burns, physician should be consulted before applying this cream. This cream is possible to use without doctors prescription, but no longer then one week unless her doctor directed. Neosporin is different medicine, used for short-term use as continuous rinse in urinary bladder. In addition, it is used to help prevent bacteriuria and gram-negative rod septicemia associated with the use of indwelling catheters. As you can see, although these medicines have similar name, they have many differences.

Neosporin, which is a popular antibacterial ointment, is primarily used to prevent open wounds from being infected ,thus, increase wound healing. It is also considered as a good antiseptic agent to prevent bacteria from accumulating in the wound area. Furthermore, it is popularly known as a ‘triple antibiotic ointment’, containing Neomycin, Polymyxin B, and Bacitracin. However, there are some people who are allergic to neomycin, thus, are given a polysporin. Polysporin, is another topical antibacterial agent that works similarly as Neosporin. Thus, it also helps prevent open wounds from being infected and speeds up wound healing. It just differs in the active compounds used. It only contains Bacitracin and Polymyxin B. It is used as an alternative for those allergic to Neomycin.