Hi, my daughter started having a small area of tenderness, swelling, and redness on her skin. I went to doctor and she diagnosed her with staph infection. Did anyone have this infection?

My son is 4 years old, and he recently had a staph infection. A doctor said that he probably didn’t wash his hands often enough, or he had a cut on his skin, that hasn’t been cleaned and covered on time. However, I heard that there are some other ways of spreading staph infection, like through the air from person to person. The doctor prescribed him an antibacterial cleanser fro washing the area, and antibacterial ointment for applying. I covered his skin with a clean dressing every time after applying the ointment. The best prevention of staph infection is washing your hands with soap regularly, cleaning the nails and wearing the clean clothe. It should be treated while it’s still localized. It is much worse when it spreads.

Hi, you can find info about staph on http://www.goaskalice.com. I've had staph infections for 8 years. They come and go. Staph is a bacteria a lot of people have on their skin, but sometimes it gets in an open wound and can cause infection. It also can be living in your nose and infect you that way. The people most at risk of getting an infection are those living with many other people in close quarters, like hospitals, schools and military personnel like myself. I went to a doctor and she said the best way to prevent it is to use a medical grade cleanser like Hibiclens for a week straight out of the month as your body wash; make sure you change bath towels often and change your clothes on a daily basis. If you have gotten a perscription for Mupirocen (generic name), apply it twice a day for once a week out of the month with a Q-tip to the insides of each nostril. The medication is perscribed to be applied directly to the infection, but this is a good preventative measure, too. Once staph in in your body, you cannot get rid of it, like yeast, but you can try and prevent future infections. I hope i helped you out a little. There's a lot of websites that can explain about staph more to you.