I have had a bicycle accident couple of days ago. I felt and injured large areas on my lower parts of both legs. I did not go to the doctor but the problem is that I did not clean the wounds on the spot. I would like to know what would be the best disinfection product for an infected wound.

You should not play with things like this. You should have used rivanol in the start, that would clean the wound efficiently. You can use it now, but it must not be used for a long time, because that med will stop the healing process. This means that you have to switch to some antibiotic in order for the wound to close up completely.

Hi there,
I am not sure how did the doctor ignore the wounds and didn’t clean them? This is very serious condition where you might have an infection which can spread to your blood and form there to your whole body. I don’t think that you will benefit from cleaning your legs by yourself. In my opinion you should go back to the doctor and tell him to do his job properly. I think that they use alcohol, but I am not really sure what type can be used. I think that you should not risk any infection by doing this alone. I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco