I never realized cats could be so aggressive! My brother’s new girlfriend has a cat, interesting creature who likes bugging people more than anything else. So, I tried pushing her softly away but that did not work and the moment I became a bit more firm, she scratched me with open claws! It did not hurt but cuts are much deeper than I thought. Can I use hydrogen peroxide for disinfecting those skin cuts?

Hydrogen peroxide is excellent stuff for something like that. It is a string antiseptic that will subdue the possible swelling, cleanse those cuts and disinfect the entire area. So you can take it with you next time you go to your brother’s girlfriend place. Or bring a dog with you!

The latest findings do not recommend the use of hydrogen peroxide, for many reasons. You are much better off using an antibiotic cream like polysporin.