Hello! My sister has burned her leg with hot oil when she prepared lunch yesterday. She went to her doctor and he said the wound is not severe. He flushed her leg with some sterile solution, put sterile gauze and told her to rest a day or two. He also prescribed some pain relievers and antibiotic cream. Does papaya helps with burns?

Hello! Burns can really be painful and leave scars. Most of burn accidents happen in the kitchen and it is important to be very careful especially when dealing with hot liquids like water or oil. I can confirm that curative properties of papaya have been proved. The papaya-based medication speed up the healing process of burn wounds since the fruit possesses antibacterial components. There are many gels with extract of papaya which are used to treat the burned skin.