For last 2 years I seem to develope a staph infection on my skin. Small clustered blisters that first appear as spider bites then ooze liquid that spreads it. I have all the classic symptoms of staph on skin. But, I have no idea where I'm gettin it from, and no one else in the house gets it from me, not even my husband whom I'm sure has come into contact with the rash. Tea tree oil cures it, but it gets all over before I'm able to treat it. I'ts very annoying. Any advise as to how to get rid of it forever? I've received too many differing opinions from Drs. who basicallt treat me like I'm wasting their time.

You may have an antibiotic-resistant strain of staph. Staphylococcus aureus occurs naturally all around us. Not everyone will get it because we have different susceptibility to infection due to our genetic makeup and immune resistance. Did your doctors prescribe antibiotics? What exactly were their opinions?

Antibiotics were prescribed 2 years ago, at first occurance. Amoxicillin and a topical cream. The second year I used just tea tree oil and it worked. The whole infection was much less intense. This year, It's only on my wrist, and tea tree oil is getting rid of it. I was on Amoxicillin, until I broke out in a rash from it, then Clyndamycin for a dental infection in February, so on antibiotics for about 1 whole month. It seems to me that this would have killed anything in my system. So now I've had the infection on my wrist for about 3 days, which is subsiding from the tea tree oil. As far as opinions, there were no tests done and the general attitude was non-challant and very generalized/vague, like I wasn't sick enough to warrant further concern. There was no real diagnosis. I'm 46 years old and have never had any health problems.

woodrose, I am really sorry to hear that you are being shuttled around by doctors. It sounds to me that with a recurring bacterial infection like this that you need to get insistent with your doctor. Have you seen any specialists about this like a dermatologist? If it seems that your doctor is not listening to you or isn't taking it seriously, you should insist that it appears to be antibiotic resistant and recurring. Sometimes doctors do not get the full picture. How is the tea tree oil treatment working for you this time? Keep us posted.

The "nurse" and the HR personnel's advice where I work turned out to be completely wrong. I was advised to keep it covered. Since warm, humid conditions make it much worse, that's exactly what happened. My workplace gets to around 100 degrees or more in the summer, and is very humid.(It's a factory). I think they wanted me to keep it covered so as not to spread it to other employees, and not allowing me a few days off to get it under control.I've done some experimenting and DID find something that's working. Washing the sores with antibacterial soap, drying it, applying hydrogen peroxide, drying it, and adding the tea tree oil is making it go away! AND not covering it! So, I would guess that it's not a resistant form, just needs to be kept DRY!

woodrose, so were you able to take care of the problem without actually having to see more doctors? That's good to know then that you were able to get it to heal. I'll remember this in case someone else posts and has the same issue! Thanks again for your update.

I've scaled down to just using hydrogen peroxide. When I find an outbreak, usually just a small, itchy pustule, I get out the peroxide and Q-tips and soak the Q-tip in peroxide and "scrub" the blister. If the skin breaks, it's gone in about 2 days. If not, a bit longer. I reapply in both cases until there's no more itching. It was almost completely gone, then started coming back. I've been constantly researching and it really seems to be the type you get from your pets, staph intermedius. Since UTI's, dental issues, and some other infections in pets, are caused by intermedious, I've been narrowing it down to my cat having a UTI. He's been peeing in the tub, thus tracking it around more than if using absorbent litter. I'm not 100% sure of this, but seems to be leading there. So, I'm being diligent about scrubbing the cat box at litter changes, scrubbing the tub, and treating him for UTI. We'll see what transpires. I also read the posting on this site about "Vitamin C, The Miracle Drug". I'm increasing my vitamin C intake drastically.

woodrose, I'm really glad to hear that everything's going well for you and it sounds like you've had a good experience with healing since you got better advice. Thanks for the update and I hope to hear from you again soon!

FYI-could the answer be pull you infected tooth and clean out the dental infection????????????

Alcohol works just as good as peroxide on drying it