I am 20 years old and I have just done nose piercing. It was something I always wanted to do and I finally did it! But there always has to be some problem. The pierced area swelled, it looks like some sort of inflammation or infection. Do I use hydrogen peroxide for that inflamed nose piercing or should I do something else?

Hydrogen peroxide is a good choice for that. It is a powerful antiseptic and will help that swollen, inflamed area. I assume that the next time you do something like this, you will check the credibility of the piercing house. Anyway, I had problem like this with my piercing too, although I cannot blame anyone, I did those myself!

I was hoping that a certifield piercer would be the one answering Karen's questiongs.

If you get an infection you should see a doctor. Hydrogen peroxide is a good antiseptic, however they dont recommend it very often on piercings as you heal differently (scabbing usually) then using saline (sea salt water).

I recommend cleaning any piercing with dial unscented soap twice daily, and doing a warm sea salt water soak 4x a day. Keeping the area clean is your best bet. :-D

Please DON'T use hydrogen peroxide, it's far too harsh and can kill skin cells where applied, just do sea salt soak compresses.

i struggled for over two years but finally i have the solution. the best remedy for the nose bump is 'eye-drops'. take off your nose ring and apply some eye-drops on the infected part and after 15- 20 mins put your nose ring back. after that without removing your nose ring keep doing it 3 to 4 times a day. it will heal in a day or two. continue applying eyedrops until you completely satisfied or for good hygiene of the piercing. give it a try you wont be disappointed. eyedrops i used-GATILOX

I've used hydrogen peroxide on my new nose piercing when it got a bit inflamed and it worked perfectly. However I don't recommend that a person use it twice a day to clean with but if you have a bit of infection I think it works quite well.

I just got my nose pierced and i do use peroxid i think as long as my stud is still in when i clean it that it will be ok. The taking it out and cleaning it. Is not something that you are supposed to really do because if its a new piercing it could close faster. So i would say use a cotton swab and use the peroxid or the sea salt water to clean it.

I got my nose done and i asked the place where i got it done and they said non iodized salt and boil water. Mix water and salt until its a paste texture and place it on the stud and put a bandaid on it over night until it goes away! worked amazing for me

About a month after I got mine done I got a common cold and was touching my peircing WAY too much and got a bump around the peircing. It was looking really bad, and I finally went to go see my peircer. He said it wasn't necessarily infected, but that there was something bad in there that my body didn't like. He suggested using a salt spray and soaking it with a chamomille tea bag three times a day. I did this for a few days, but saw no changes.

After a few days I just decided to use some hydrogen peroxide, and the next day the bump was reduced to almost nothing, it looks 10x better and the skin around it looks fine. I think hydrogen peroxide can affect everyone differently though, so just be careful!

how much hydrogen peroxide did you use ??

Hi there, I saw your post and wanted to know if the Gatilox was prescribed. If not, where did you buy it ? Thanks

For the first time I finally got my nose pierced after years of begging my parents lol and when I got it, it was fine. I was told by my professional piercer to use Tea Tree Oil to clean it 3 times a day which I did. Then a few weeks later I randomly developed a bump on my nose, it was dark and sort of big but no noticeable to others. But the fact that I knew it was there bothered me. So I increased my cleanings to more times a day but I seen no improvement. Long story short, I messed with the bump soooo much I went through it all. The bumps bleeding, the pimple look alike bump, the hole bleeding, irritation of skin, keloids, a huge scar across my nose, etc. so I did lots of research and started to soak a cotton ball in hot sea salt water and press it against my piercing for 2 or more minutes. & the size has shrunk so much! I've been doing it for two days now & it has worked a lot. But for extra help afterwards I have been using the sea salt method then afterwards cleaning it with alcohol and peroxide and it has honestly help it go down also. So peroxide with sea salt soak for a infection is good!!

Iv been using it on mine and it's almost a month old now and it seems to be working amazing for me I use warm water frist and that don't leave on long and I don't do it to much I do it every 3 to second day in afternoon or night other then that my h20 sea salt spray I got from the place I got my nose done and warm water and I change my pillow covers everything 3 days

How many parts water to salt?