So, I have tried everything, creams, antibacterial creams, I even tried to dry my face with vapor and to squeeze my acne, but nothing. Of course, I am making this only worse and I am dealing with redness and a lot of different acne problems as well. So, I will see my dermatologist, but I know that he will prescribe some creams for me and I am not sure how they are good for me. I was using one and my face was literally burning. Anyway, I would like to know do you have an idea what are the most effective treatments for adult acne?

Hello, adult acne treatment is not that complicated, but you should know that it takes longer than you might expect. So, here is a couple of advice that can help you in dealing with your current issue.

• Wash and clean your face on the daily basis, especially if you are using a make up every day,
  • if you have really problematic skin on your face, you should try to skip makeup sometimes, 
  • use some antibacterial creams and lotions every night before you go to sleep,
  • always wear some cream that can help you "fight" against sunlight,
  • sometimes, you can clean your face with alcohol, clean alcohol that you buy in the pharmacy store, of course, to help your skin release all those ugly bacteria. 

Good luck! 

Celebrity

Generally, I would always try some creams and lotions because I still believe that there is nothing better than starting your treatment with.  Usually, a dermatologist can prescribe you next treatments.  Benzoyl peroxide creams or gels are very effective and they are totally safe to use. Doctors usually prescribe it without having a fear that something wrong can happen to you. Also. I have heard that  Azelaic acid is a really good thing to treat acne. This is an antibacterial medicine usually used as an alternative to benzoyl peroxide and it won't cause this redness on your face, and your skin won't peal as well. 

Hi there, thank you for sharing that advice with me. I agree with all of those things - I am trying to clean and wash my face on the daily basis with some healthy products, even if I don't do that. Sometimes I feel asleep wearing my make up because I am too tired or too lazy to get it off. So, I somehow understand that this might be my fault as well, but I don't know what to do anymore. I will try all of those things, except one - to clean my face with clean alcohol. Not because I am scared that this might not work in my case, but because I am really scared that I can damage my face even more. I think that in my case alcohol would cause some redness, irritation and I am really scared of this.

Hi there. It is really hard to tell what is the MOST EFFECTIVE treatment because you need to know that every type skin is different. For example, just because something is good for your skin, it doesn't mean that this will be good for some other person.  There are some solutions that you might use and wait to see its final result. Creams and some antibiotics that your doctor is going to prescribe you are good, but they can't do business if you are not trying harder to do something about it. It is not a myth - you should avoid a lot of chocolate. Also, you should drink less milk! 

Well, I can recommend you something that helped me a lot when I had problems with it. I mean, I still do, but I am older now and I don't take this so serious as I did before. From my own experience, I can tell that long used medications to treat high blood pressure, such as prescription Aldactone (spironolactone) is now getting a second life as a treatment for hormonal acne. Of course, it is hard to tell that someone needs to use this, but I did since I had heart issues. The drug blocks receptors of the hormone androgen, helping to limit the testosterone surges that can prompt pimples. I am not saying that you should use it, but you should seek some with similar ingredients. Anyway, when it comes to natural treatment, tea tree oil can help.

I can confirm this about tea tree oil. It is definitely effective since my mom was using it. It is great for several reasons but one of the biggest amazing things is that this oil-less irritating than its any type of chemical products, including chemical cousin benzoyl peroxide that is used for this. Tea tree oil has a long history of fighting mild to moderate acne outbreaks. It is also an antiseptic. Well, you can find it in the pharmacy stores and it is not that expensive. Try it and tell me is it works. It will work, for sure. 

Celebrity

Therapies my ladies, therapies. I am sure that they are helpful, even more than you can think. Sure that it takes a time, but everything needs some time until you see your first results.It depends also on which stadium is your acne.  Generally, for mild to moderate acne, your dermatologist can often suggest a cleanser with bacteria-killing benzoyl peroxide, because this product can help you minimize irritation. Also, it can recommend you to use it along with a prescription topical antimicrobial such as clindamycin or erythromycin. So, it is very important to find a good therapy for your skin type. GL!