Hello. I'm 20 year old male and just recently a terrible stuff has happened to me. I believe I have developed some serious skin condition on my penis. The thing that confuses me the most is that fact that I'm not sexually active and that I know this couldn’t be some sexually transmitted disease.
About three days ago I have noticed redness and a blotchy rash on the glans of my penis. You couldn’t even imagine how frightened I was when I spotted this. Like I already said, I knew that it couldn’t be some STD but anyway, I would like to find the exact cause. Could it be balanitis?
I haven’t told anyone about this and that’s why I would like to find some quick answers or advices!

Hi. I believe I know what you are talking about. This inflammation of the glans is very common and it is called balanitis.
Like you said, balanitis is not sexually transmitted. It results from an overgrowth of organisms which are normally present on the skin of the glans. Unless the person is circumcised, the inflammation usually involves the foreskin. In most cases this occurs if you have not washed for a couple of days.
Although it looks pretty ugly you shouldn’t worry about this that’s much. The treatment is very simple. The aim of treatment is to keep the glans and foreskin clean and dry to make it difficult for organisms to grow under the foreskin. So, proper personal hygiene it the key of good treatment.