Hi im 19 was able to fully pull my foreskin back only a year ago. When i did i noticed the rim of my penis aswell as the glans just above the rim are inflammed. The rim is a dark purple colour, different to the rest of the glans, the rim skin feels rough to touch and has a few small white lumps on it. The glans are also inflammed in areas above the rim and around the opening and frenulum.

I think this is due to the fact i could only wash the area a year ago. I have tried several anti fungal cream to no effect.
I am about to go to a doctor but wouldnt mind some advice.

thanks

Inflammation is most often a sign of infection and should be handled by a doctor. The bumps you describe could be any number of things, ranging from yeast infection or balanitis (which would also explain the inflammation) to a benign condition known as pearly penile papules. Keeping the penis clean and treating it with a combination of natural emollients and vitamins (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) can help to keep the penis skin healthy and smooth. Always see your doctor if you have any concerns about sores, bumps or inflammation.

-Alex, PhD