I am gay in long term relationship. Few days ago I saw that I developed an itchy and sometimes stinging foreskin. When is soft my foreskin can be very itchy and urination can have a short lived but painful stinging effect. When I am hard and masturbate the foreskin seems to become rather sore and red. Can you explain me what that could be?

That could be rash that is extremely common, in men as well as women. In guys it is usually produces soreness around the foreskin and often between the buttocks. The most likely thing with itchy foreskin is thrush. This very common infection is caused by yeast like organism called monilia. This is not STD, as it can arise spontaneously in women. Also the same problem came to men too. So is that thrush with you? I couldn’t say this without physical examination but it does seem quite likely. I think you should go to genitourinary medicine clinic as soon as you can. If that itchy foreskin is caused by thrush, you should know it’s easily treated, with Daktrin or Canesten. However it’s important to be sure and not confuses it with other conditions like Chlamydia or genital herpes.

Urine touching the foreskin does not usually sting. You probably have some kind of inflammation or infection. See your doctor.