Hello. I'm interested to find out more about these fungal penile infections. I, personally, have never had any experience with these infections but my girlfriend told me that she suffers from some Candida infections very often and that’s why-if I want to practice sex without condoms I could face with fungal penis infection.
Was she true?
Could these fungal infections be sexually transmitted and what are the most common symptoms of man Candida infection.
Please help me because it seams that my biggest problem is nothing more then lack of information!
Thanks!

Well, you must say that your girlfriend was very honest with you and you should definitely respect her for that.
It is completely true! Many women carry yeasts in their vaginas without any visible symptoms.
The most common human fungus is Candida albicans and the most common localizations are vagina and penis. It can be sexually transmitted and when man gets infection usual symptoms are balanitis -inflammation of the head of the penis, white patches and chapped-looking skin under foreskin.
All this is usually accompanied with rush and itchiness. Most genital fungal infections can be treated at home with OTC or prescription medication.