Heya, my name is Kyle, and I'm 16 years old.

The past week I've noticed the top of my foreskin is red. It doesn't hurt, it's just red, and a little swollen, or popped out. My fernulum(sp?) connecting to the top skin is the only part that is red, and it doesn't cause me any discomfort. I went 3 days last week without bathing, because I was on a camping trip. Yeah, dirty >.> Long story, but I'm not gonna get into it. Couldn't bathe.

Anyway, I'm not sexually active, and I'm still a virgin, so I doubt it's serious. I'm hoping it'll go away.

It only gets red when I masturbate, and it started getting red after I cut a little, little, piece of skin near the fendulum, that looks to have healed.

What should I do?

You have probably developed balanitis, which is an infestion of the foreskin usually caused by fungus called candida. The inviremenbt you were into and lack of personal hygiene was what contributed to overgrowth of the fungus that may live on our skin as well.
Your genital area, all sweaty, moist and dirty was a perfect ground for fungus to settle in. It is nothing dangerous and it can be easily treated if found in time. If left untreated it could lead to complications. If this infection heals without a treatment, it may leave scars on your foreskin and tighten it and it could eventually lead to phimosis, an inability to retract your foreskin. The last solution for phimosis is circumcision.

I would see an urologist about this and get a proper treatment. There are also over-the-counter products but it is best you have it checked in case there are bacteria present as well, and than otc products won’t do.
Make sure you keep the area clean, wash especially under the foreskin. Do it with plain water and don’t over do it because that’s not good either. Dry the area after washing and don’t wear tight underpants until the infection clears.
Is there any white stuff under the foreskin right now?

Nope, none at all.

It started getting red after I masturbated pretty hard, I think.
For some reason I doubt It's balanitis. Right now my foreskin isn't red, but it's a dot swollen. It seems to be clearing up, but when I masurbate it gets red. I think it might be Thrush(sp?) I was reading that a warm bath, and drying the foreskin can treat Balanitis, so I think I'll do that before going to a doctor.

Look, thrush is the same thing as balanitis. It is most often refered to thrush in women and balanitis in males but the cause is exactly the same. It is this fungus that I already told you about called candida and it is not sexually transmitted.

Warm baths and drying the foreskin are more prevention tips than actual treatment tips. Sure, they can help during the treatment but you may need an antifungal cream as well.

Make sure than during these baths you use plain water, it is for the base because all the soaps except of mild , antibacterial could aggravate the condition. What you could put inside your tub is a half cup of salt. Drying is important, so do it thoroughly.

Also, when you urinate, slide your foreskin back so that urine does not wet the foreskin and dry the end of your penis after urination as well.

These are some of the tips you may find useful along with the treatment. If you are too embarrassed to see an urologist, ask for antifungal cream at the pharmacy but say what it is for.

If this doesn’t help, then it means it is a bacterial infection and that you would need prescribed antibiotics.

I took a bath earlier, and did exactly what you said and it seems to be getting less red. The swollen'ness looks like more of a vein now. But yeah, it doesn't look too serious. It's just a little red spot, and there is no discomfort, or difficulty retracting the foreskin. Hopefully it's dying down. If not I'll go get that cream.

Thanks for your help.

I'm having exactly the same thing. I am sexually active and it has been going on for about 7 weeks. At first I thought it was Balanitis and a doctor confirmed this and gave me some daktarin cream to clear it up which didnt work. I have since been to my local GU clinic and have had every test under the sun which has come back negative. the tip of my foreskin becomes quite red after sex or masturbation but it doesn't cause pain, just a slight concern, any thoughts?

i have this problem too and it actually is super sensitive and is VERY irratating...it has never went away, ive litterally tried everything even not masterbating for about 2 weeks and yes it was less inflammed but once i masterbated again, it went back to the way it was.

I have slight sensativity but after sex or masturbation the end seems to wrinkle in a little bit. I'm not writhing around in pain but it feels tight and uncomfortable, the longer it goes on the longer I think I'm going to have to be circumcised

I haven't gone to the doctor yet but I've considered it because
it's quite painful, red and inflammed, almost feels like my
foreskin has tightened up. I found white semen looking
substance under my foreskin. However, I've been washing
quite a bit, and I think the fungus in this case keeps coming back?

I think I may also have the same problem. Iv been having a lot more sex than usual as of a new Girl Friend and I noticed the end of my fore skin was red, a little swollen and rather irritable and itchy. Should I see a doctor ?? Should I be worried about my Girl Friend ?

I think i may have the same problem. At times the top of my foreskin gets red and swallon and can course disconfert. It does not happen very often. Happens once while. And the problem does not last any longer then a week. Never have been to a doctor about the issue. But everytime the problem occurs i get more worried each time.

i have been experiencing a similar problem recently. I just started having sex about 10 months ago. im 28 now. yeah whatever, we moved alot when i was younger making it impossible to meet anyone really but finally we settled on a place called winnipeg canada lol anyways......ive noticed recently like 3 days ago that my foreskin(not circumsized) has gotten quite red underneath and its very very difficult, almost painful to move the foreskin over the head.. now my gf says i have a large penis (but who;s doesnt) and that the problem may be my penis is too big for the foreskin but i dunno... It just started recently.. could this be phimosis? ive also noticed on the tip of my head of my penis theres a lil white spot near the pee hole.. whats this all about? my foreskin feels tighter and its red and i have a lil white spot on my head.. whats going on here..

hi i have a similar problem but when i retract my forskin when my penis is relaxed it is fine but when errect it only goes to the bottom of my head, is this going to cause me pain the next time i have sex as i cannot pull it back any further as it hurts .

can some one please help asap?

i think i may have the same problem
i have had a few slightly darker pink marks on one side of the " helmet" and now when the fourskin is retracted the fourskin is swolen and red on one side its not painful or iritating just very worying im going to see my doctor but im not sure if has ben a recent chainge in a few sexual partners?
please help asap please !?

I've been getting this too - Clotrimazole cream seems to help, but then the problem returns a few weeks later.