If you had Bells Palsy one year ago and have recovered 80%. Would it, now or anytime in the future, be advisable to take the shingle's vaccination?

That is a good question and I will do some research on that and get back to you...I have had Bell's Palsy 4 times in my life, and of course my first neurologist said I would only get it one time....well, I thank god have about 75% back after all 4 episodes. I haven't really spoken to many people that have gone thru this like I have and how they dealt with it as it isn't easy and can become very painful, especially when getting movement back. My first episode I got my first symptoms while I was in a movie theater eating popcorn...the popcorn had an unusual taste to it and then when certain pitches of noise would make my left ear make a horrible squeal noise, then within 12 hours my left side wasn't per say numb, I just couldn't move it! I had to tape my eye closed at night along with some ointment to keep it lubricated..I can't begin to tell you how many times I bit my lip or people would ask me to pucker up and then laugh like hell at me! What were some of your experiences with it and what problems do you still have as a result of the bells palsy? Thanks alot and I will get back to you on the shingles issue cause it has me curious as well...!!

Did u research the shingles vac/

Opiatefreeme- You mentioned movie theater popcorn for your first case, do you know what triggered your other instances? I got my first case of Bells in 2011. Then in March 2014, I had movie theater popcorn and had a minor flare up , that lasted about a month and was mainly in my ear, tounge and mouth. Then two days ago I tried movie theater popcorn again and within two hours ,I had another reoccurrence and rushed to the Dr for some meds. My Dr said there is no scientific evidence that it was the popcorn. But I can tell you that I will never eat it again. I am thinking it's the chemicals but wish there was more information on it.