I would like to ask you something about bells palsy assossiated pain. I do feel some pain in the ear area, but that is all (as if paralysis of left side of my face is not enough!). Is there any other possibility for pain occurring? I mean, I do not want to be surprised the way I was with this disease several days ago.

Well, it is safe to say that the symptoms you had until now will probably be all of the symptoms you will experience while suffering from this condition. Just like you said, paralysis is enough, you really do not need extra pain. As for other symptoms, there are nose runs, excess or reduced salivation, drooling, difficulty while talking etc. I just mentioned few of those that will be really annoying.

I have had Bells palsy for a week now and they believed that this is my second occurance in 2 and a half years. I can cope with the physical side of it and how I look and am extremely thankful its not a stroke. What does worry me is the continued pain from the base of my scull to my brow on the right hand side of my head and face. It is piercing at times and I keep getting facial rippling of the muscles in my face. Is this a normal stage of recovery. I have no other movement in my face.

I have the pain too. Was diagnosed 6 days ago. What did they give you for the pain? Did it go away? How is your paralysis recovery?