Hello!
What is Bells Palsey? What causes Bells Palsey?
Thank you!

Hey,
Bell’s Palsy is also noted as facial nerve palsy. Bells palsey is a paralysis of the facial nerve, for example complete paralysis of the forehead and lower face.
Bells Palsey is caused by pressure on the facial nerve or area in the brain that controls those (facial) muscles. In US or Europe Lyme disease could cause damage to the facial nerve. Some people compare the effect of bells palsey to the effects of stroke, however the effects are similar, but not the same. Let me give an example: if person can raise both eyebrows (and has paralysis of the lower right face), the facial nerve is intact and that means person had a stroke, which involved, for example, the right side of the brain; another person cannot raise both eyebrows and also has paralysed lower face, well, this is an example of bells palsey.

i had bells palsey when i was 8 and im 12 now,it is horrible it is a illness that causes the muscles in ur face not to work,it was the left side of my face.i had to got to the emergency room right away,and i had to take treatment 4 a month...

I have had bells palsey for over 3 years i got it in my third trimester of my first pregnancy. I didnt start seeing any improvement until my son was over a year old. The doctor just told me he had no treatment for me and just wait a few weeks or months it would go away. I waited and waited all the while I was so embarrassed i could hear people talking about me and laughing. I would hide behind sunglasses, didnt want to socialize with my friends I was really withdrawn. Then having to tell people what happened to me and try and explain why it happened when I didnt know why it happened. I eventually got to the point where i kinda forgot about it, but theres always the odd person that reminds you. Over 3 years have passed and I still suffer my face is still droopy my mouth doesn't form words properly. When i sneeze I really have to force my left eye to close, my eye tears EVERY time I eat like im crying and cant stop it. If im blowing up a balloon my eye closes. My now 3 year old son is imitating the way i talk with his mouth. Its been hard but something like this really makes you realise whats important in life, Ihave a 1 year old son as well and my kids are what keep me going and give me purpose in life.

Have you contacted Dr.Azazzidahs Beverly Hills he is a Plastic Surgeon who specializes in facial paralysis.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use