I am in my third week of bells palsy and things are slowly getting better. 15 days ago I just woke up and I had this numbness on my right side of face. I have to admit that since the progress has been shown, I have started to feel much better. It really is annoying and embarrassing to have this kind of problem. Anyway, I was wondering if there is a connection between bells palsy and infections of any kind. What do you say?

Well, there is one strong link Bell's palsy and herpes simplex type 1. Actually, since 1970, He was suggested as possible cause of BP. This goes for between 60 and 70 percent of BP patients. For the rest, there is still no hard evidence that could say what caused BP. There is also possibility that you have had this virus, but in its dormant state, and that it activated now. It could have been years after the infection!