hi,
i am finding for past 1 or 2 months, some kind of bleeding in a very little quantity..say my belly button is surrounded with gel like blood made up of 3 or 4 blood drops..its like a fuss n gives bad odour when smelled...
i am very scared about this..i dont feel any pain..i dont find any other problem in my body and i am very healthy..
not sure because i am bit obese especially i have a big tummy nowadays..

please do tell me what could be this..if this is really a problem which needs to be consulted with doctor or is it something related to obesity..pls dont just reply consult ur doctor as my very purpose of writing here will become menaingless..

cheers
Vincent

If you're obese it's more likely for bacteria to get in the belly button. This can cause bleeding, swelling, itching, foul odor and rash. I know you don't want to just hear this, but if you go to the doctor he can prescribe something for you. Also, ask him to check your liver, since this could be associated with liver problems.

This also happened to me, and it was just an infection. I poured some hydrogen peroxide (rubbing alcohol would probably also work, but sting a lot more) on it a few times until the peroxide stopped bubbling and then covered it up with a bandage so nothing else could get into it. I can't rememeber how long it took, but I saw a drastic difference overnight and it took no more than a week to go away.

I have had alot of drainage from belly button for two years it is infection mostly but i also have a hernia I had a blood gush the other night very scary they packed my belly button with gauze strips with vaseline on them then put a bandage over it change daily and keep it clean.seems to have stopped for now this time no infection they found a hole in the belly button,from obesity and having seven children.If you have a shower hose just spray luke warm water too clean navel dont stick anything in it.Another thing to try is putting epsom salts in warm water and soak gauze pad in it and put in belly button for 10 minutes and then dry well helps to draw out infection!