I am 31 years old and my belly button has been bleeding for the past several weeks. Should I be concerned? What does this mean?

Hello. Do you have piercing in your belly button? If you do this could be the reason of that bleeding. Maybe you have injured yourself during the night sleep and this is the reason of that bleeding. My cousin had this type of injury when she pierced her belly button. She was scratching herself during the night and in the morning when she saw blood she was terrified. Luckily it was just a minor injury and afterwards she was sleeping with her gloves on for a few days until wound has healed.

If you don’t have piercing and your belly button is bleeding maybe it would be wise to visit the doctor because it doesn’t sound like something that you could manage by yourself. Let us know about the results and what the cause of bleeding belly button was.

I wish you good luck.