I don’t know what to do. All I know I fell some irritation on my belly button. It feels like a belly button infection and any treatment such as getting something in there like antibiotic cream or anti-fungal is a not good. I've been to GI and I get referred to a surgeon. A surgeon told me the whole belly-button needed removal. I can’t do that...it’s difficult to accept being a no belly button person. I would feel like freak. It already looks like it is inverted.

I have had this happen to me. If you are female and had a baby, you would no longer wonder about it. My belly button just looks like a line because it is so inverted and I was even wondered if it was connected to my insides. It popped out when I was pregnant and I’ve been told that an inverted belly button is a good belly button because that means you don't have an umbilical hernia. Mine is only irritated and red when I go overboard trying to clean it, it lasts for few days when it happens. I just have to leave it alone or occasionally use Neosporin. I'm sure there is nothing but external irritation going on with yours.