Hi, I recently noticed a small red bulge, possibly liquid filled, bulge within my belly button. It's about the size of a BB, but it looks swollen and red, it isn't painful, at least yet. I have no idea what it is and haven't told anyone, I didn't notice it until last night and I hope it will go away soon like perhaps something bit me. The only thing I have done different lately is stomach crunches on a regular basis, I haven't noticed any difference in bodily functions. Is this a result of the Crunches I've been doing? I'm barely 15 years old, I'm about 6'4" and I weigh around 220, so I'm a pretty big guy. I'm hoping this isn't a sign of cancer or some form of Tumor, and just a result of the crunches, however my family does have a slight history of cancer. Unfortunately this thing does feel like it could be connected to something inside, I'm hoping this is just a swollen or torn muscle, or maybe a bug bite. Does anyone know what this could be, or have experienced something similar? I'm thinking I should see a doctor, but I really don't want to do this to my whole family right now %-) .

Thank You!

Please, can you tell me what the answer to this was. My husband is experiencing the exact thing.

I don't know what this is but my 21 year old son had something very similar about a month ago. Only his was almost protruding out of the belly button. I thought it was a smashed piece of red licorice (funny!) but when I tried to pull it out with twisers, it started bleeding. I paniced and started looking on line for any answer ... I finally found one. The doctor said to make a paste of sugar and water and put it in the belly button. This should dry it up and heal it. (its an old military trick) So I tried it, and within that day it started getting better. I was AMAZED. He did this for about a week to make sure it was all better, its been over a month now and still fine.

i have the same problem but my belly button is only red . It has been red for the past years. it doesnt hurt or anything and isnt warm to the touch.

I have the same issue my belly button is red  the only difference is that it itches and is bumpy to the touch.  I was wondering if u coul tell me what it is?

You saved me.