I have sharp pains on the right side of my belly button. The top part of my belly button is bleeding & has white puss in it. Any idea? Should I go to a doctor? I just feel like belly button pain shouldn't be major, but it really hurts.

Yes go to your doctor.

Hallo,
How do you mean it is bleeding? Have you noticed any boils on your belly button? How long has this been going on? I think that this is very serious health concern and that you should ignore this. Bleeding is a sign of something very problematic and as much as I know people don’t bleed from their belly buttons that often. Have you been using any kind of medication in past several days? Have you had any injury or a trauma that might expose belly button? Your pain is very serious and you should try to use some over the counter pain killers to ease it as much as you can.
I hope that this helped a bit