For the last couple of days I have been waking up with red and swollen belly button and this morning I have noticed some blood as well. I am very worried as I have no idea what it cold be or if it’s dangerous. I am bout to see my doctor but that’s a week away from now. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Hello! I am not sure you can do something about it without the doctor’s help. It would be best if you saw a dermatologist because this could be a fungus overgrowth or even bacteria. When fungus invades this area that is moist (perfect fungus area), it does make the area red and swollen and it may itch as well. It is quite possible that you have been itching while you were sleeping and made a scratch that bled. It is important to have this checked and get a proper diagnosis, so you could treat it right. Bacteria can make similar mess.

swan wrote:

I am really concerned, I don't know why I am bleeding from my belly button, I don't know what is going on? I just had sexual relationships and when I was done I noticed it started to bleed! It also has a very unpleasent smell. Any idea what this is or it could mean?