For the past few days now I have experienced pain in my belly around my belly button. It is like a sharp pain. The pain feels better when I pull my legs up to my chest or I'm laying down in a fetal position. The pain comes and goes. It is not a constant pain. What do you think this could be? And should I go to the doctor for this?

Did your pain resolve? Did anyone diagnose you? I have the same problem. It's very intense pain.

i was dirnking , and i had a cramp in my lower back , an the next day i woke up to a killer pain and burning sensation on the left side of my belly button , they tried telling me that i pulleda muscle in my back and pinching nerves or some sh*t , but everytime ive been eating recently i throw up stomach acid , and the pain resides for about 5-6 mins , then it hurts again , i read the last 2 comments, an i feel the same thing , but im wanderin if drinking screwed up my pancreas does anyone have a awnser asap , it feels like a small fkn monster tryin to claw its way out of my stomach.....

Do you know what it is? having the same problem and puling my legs to my chest helps thanks! i have the same problem with the 'monster clawing out of me' its terrible i cant stop shaking it hurts

i had the same thing...its a really bad flu bug...i thought i was going to die...the same feeling happened to me in the same year one time it was my appendix and it was then removed and the other time it was the flu virus for 12 days straight

I'm having the same thing, but I think its an intestinal problem. When I pooped I felt better. But that was my case of the problem. It maybe another intestinal problem with someone else.

I have the same issue... a pinching feeling to the left of my belly button or right under it..
I feel around the skin it doesn't hurt, its like something pricking me from the inside.. i just cant stop it.

It started Saturday night, after a few bourbons Just sitting on the lounge feet up watching a movie.
It didn't let up at all Sunday.. Now Monday morning im searching the web for answers...
it doesn't seem to matter if i go to the loo for (Ones or Twos). The pain is intermittent.
And i know im not pregnant.

I know i have a bad back... but most of the pain i get from that comes around the sides or is directly at the back area.
I have never had anything right under my belly button before..

And the description of a little monster trying to claw his way out... YES.. so perfect ..
Its like scratching its way... Last night i tossed and turned in bed.. even woke me up...
If i laid one way... it was better than the other..
I would roll over and bingo.. Pain.. so i would roll back and try and settle it down..
Which makes me worry if its my intestines or hernia - never had anything like that before..

So i don't know... I have next week off work..
So if i can just get though the next 5 days.. and the pain continues im heading to the doctor..
Unless it gets really really bad.. then im running to the doctor ASAp.

I just wish i could put a name to it so i can understand what it is...

OMG I am having the same issue like I was sexually active one day and we used protection and I know for sure Im not pregnant and it wasn't rough that we did. But sometimes i get this pain and after we did that it showed up again it is pain like right underneathe my belly button and it can feel like some1 is stabbing me or clawing me from the inside out and i would curl up and it would help sometimes but not always and the pain got so bad sometimes i had tears running down my face and he is worried about me so much it just wont go away it come and it goes!!!! idk what to do or think cuz its not my time yet or near my time so plz help!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

i get this pain every once in awhile, i dont know how and why but i tend to get it after working out. and it helps if i lay flat for a good 20 to 30 mins and it usually subsides or goes away. try laying completly flat on a hard surface. i hope this helps and i will continue to search the web to what exactly this f**ken pain is!!!!

that was the case for me... It hurt to poop too.

hey me too im only 12 and i having same probs. around my bellie botten so i came for answer plus i told my parentts the said just go pooop but that doesnt help ummm i going to be safe go to the docter

Im embarassed to say I do have that problem.

My expirence:

Last night I woke up,as usual i look around my room. Then I felt a pain in my stomache. I tried to lay in a comfortable postion but nothing had worked!I went to my mom and told her that my stomache felt as some one punched it. So,I slept in her bed. On one side I felt comfortable but on the others not so much. I went back to my room a few hours later,my stomache still hurted!In the morning I was fine. After breakfast I felt like i had to eat more like i was satisfied.My stomache felt empty.The whole day it would go like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o.O 

HOPEFULLY its nothing serious..

I ruptured an ovarian cyst while having sex!

i get this ppain to i think its from gettin my belly button pirce and maby pinching a nerve cuz its a like a wired feeling and i fell it and the same thing i have on that side i have on the other so idk 
but wen i poop it feels a lil better

I get that to. No one seems to know what it is. It happens most often when I stand up straight or stretch. I have not gotten it for about a year. Talk about coming and going. It is not dull but extremely sharp. I would prefer not to go to the doctor, they are much to clinical. Does anyone have any homeopathic remedies for this?