I am a bit concerned. I had my gallbladder out on 12 January 2008. The nurses changed my bandages at the hospital and said I shouldn't have to change them again but they would give me some spare anyway. The 3 incisions (under breasts, two on the right) have healed fine, though came apart slightly when I cleaned them so I put a bandage back on.

But the one on my stomach won't stop leaking. I cant make an appointment with the doctor till Monday so I was wondering if someone could help! I have run out of bandages now, but it is still leaking a yellow/clear watery liquid, I can't find anything online about it.

What should I do? The incisions were not stitched , they used steri-strips instead.

Thanks,

Jo

hi i have the same issue with my belly button after my gall bladder removal... did you see your doctor ? and what did he / she say ?

i have been having the same issue. i had my gallbladder removed a week ago using lap. chole. my bellybutton is leaking. the liquid is a clear color. the incision is still in the process of healing. if anyone has any information, please let me know!
i am also experiencing pain where my gallbladder used to be, especially if on an empty stomach.

I had my gallbladder removed laproscopically November 5, 2009. My belly button also leaks a yellow-greenish, often sticky fluid that has a bad smell to it. It doesn't do it everyday, or even all day when it does. Just happens occasionally. I thought it was because I have such a deep belly button (I can fit my whole pinky in it). But I'm starting to wonder.

Also, from time to time, and not coinsiding with the leakage, I feel sharp pains around my belly button. Usually just in one spot or another, and as I said, the pain doesn't usually happen the same time as the leaking, and it isn't constant.

To the guest with the pain where your gallbladder used to be: I think that happens to everyone who goes through this procedure. From what I have read and know about hte procedure, the pain should be coming from your liver, where your gallbladder was attached to it. It's 100% normal. For about two weeks after my surgery, I had the same pain: hurts to breathe deeply, hurts to move or twist your torso, etc. It eventually goes away, and how long that takes may depend on how much you are letting our body just be still and rest. Of course, since I'm posting this over a year after your post, I would assume your pain has packed its bags and left!

If anyone has answers to why our belly buttons are leaking (and sometimes stinky), please let us know!!!!

I had keyhole gallbladder removal last Thursday - I also have a clearish/yelloish with some pink leakage but from the drain hole not the navel incision. I put fat pads on it but have to change them several times a day. The pain in the area varies from bearable (but when I breathe in deeply I wince) to bad enough to be in tears.
I did consult my local hospital (not where the surgery took place - that is an hour away). They told me as long as the fluid stays clear and my temperature is normal (ie no infection) I just have to put up with it. They said the pain is from where the fluid has built up inside the body and to massage the area gently to try to "squeeze" it out. That techique has worked to a minute degree: I am still having to take the same level of pain killers as the day after the surgery, constantly have a soggy, wet dressing on my side, am in constant (varying levels of) pain, and thoroughly fed up.
I just want to know will this ever end?

The only help I can give is as ^^^^ that it is normal and just keep an eye out for infection. If things improve I'll return and let you know. Good luck to you with your problem (and to me with mine)

So I had my gallbladder removed on the 15th of April, today is the 25th of April . On the 22 I noticed a large lump under the abdominal wall and that I was leaking a clear to yellowish-light brown fluid from the incision site. I contacted my surgeon and went to the emergency room. After examining the area he informed me the incision seeping was very normal, as long as it doesn't start to smell horrible, or turn to a dark-brown red color I was safe. The lump was from the knot they made during the incision along with the build up of serum (fluid) that is normal during the healing process.

If you have a fever, foul smelling fluid/puss that is dark in color, then you really should seek out medical assistance. If what I described sounds similar to what you are experiencing, but are still concerned, see your doctor, contact your surgeon on the phone chances are they will tell you it's normal.

my belly botton also leaks but its not from a gallbladder removal its from the last cessarean that I had and sence then it has been happening on and off it takes me by suprise when it does leak its so embarassing!!!!! its yellow clear and smelly. someone please help I dont have the money to get it checked and i dont want no pitty from anyone please, just tell me is it ever going away??? people that I have asked say that its because im overwight but I dont think that because my uncle wife is more overwight and it doesnt happen to her or my mom. Also have to mentioned that my lower back hurts sometimes when i seat in a chair and a pain that i get in my belly botton like a niddle poke then I have to go pee or poop. I dont know i just had to say this if it will help more. 

yellow fluid from removed gall bladder

My father had this issue after hernia surgery. What worked for him was rinsing the belly button with salt water, soak up the water from it with tp and drying it completely with a hair dryer for 1-2 minutes. He also added Bacitracin antibiotic powder after that, which helps keep it dry longer and healing is faster with no bacteria present. It took him about 2 weeks to get rid of this problem.

I had my gallbladder out in April of 2000! My belly button from time to time has a real bad odor to it. Even though I was it it still has an odor. Any suggestions as to what this is and what I can do about it.

My daughter had her gallbladder out Feb of 2012.....she's been having the same problem as you with the liquid out of the belly button and pain. Have you gone back to the surgeon yet? My daughter is going to make an appt with hers and whatever i find out i will share with all of you thanks amie

It would be really great to know what she finds out. I had my son in January of 2012 and in February 2012 I had to have my gallbladder out as well. They did it laparoscopically and ever since it has healed I STILL have a whitish coloured discharge as well as an odd odour. No pain, though my scars do itch quite often.

hi. i also had a leaking problem on my belly button and one under my breast. it started after the stitches were removed a week after the lap chole. the leak on my belly button is gone but the one under my breast is still leaking. it has a small hole that wont heal. any help on this matter?

I had my gallbladder removed 28th jan on 6th jan my belly button started leaking a creamy liquid I left it one day thinking it would stop went to docs today and it is not normal she said I had a hole inside my belly button that was very infected, got antiobotics and told to clean area with tea tree oil and put on new dressings three times a day so if you get this please don't leave it cause it wont get ant better

hi Jo. my name is Natalie. I just had my gallbladder out may 2nd (11 days ago). I started having ALOT of drainage from incision on the side of my stomach the night before last night after my shower. they had to do five incisions instead of four, I don't know why, but anyways I went to the hospital yesterday and they did a cat scan and blood work and told me I had cellulitis which is some type of infection in the deep tissue and can even effect the muscle tissue. I have to go back tomorrow again to get checked again. it is draining so much I have to change the dressing every 20 to 35 minutes. I really don't know whats going on but im extremely swollen all over also. all I know is that they better not have screwed me up or there will be a law suit, I should feel a whole lot better by now it being 11 days later but I feel just as bad as the day I had the surgery. make sure you get that taken care of. have a good day. Natalie