I’m interested in something more about belspalsy syndrome. A friend of mine has developed that syndrome so sudden. It’s kind of disease that causes facial muscles to weaken. It’s very visible disorder. He says that it isn’t permanent change. What is the cause of belspalsy and how long it usually lasts?

I’ve heard about bellspalsy. It’s not permanent condition and is caused by trauma of nerve. Recovery may last from several weeks to few months. This disorder is probably due to virus infection. Latent viral infections may cause different and unexpected conditions. There are some effective ways for treatment this disorder, depending on how badly the nerve is damaged.

what's the cure for belspalsy?

I was diagnosed with belspalsy at 7 years old and i am now 18. It paralyzed the muscles in the left side of my face: this caused weak vision in my left eye ,a half of a smile and the inability to produce tears in my left eye. I had about a year of treatment. Before i was diagnosed with it, I had high fevers and other viral infections. Generally, belspalsy is caused by stress, so my fever but stress on my brain and body and that's how i got it. It is something that is still being researched as it becomes more popular. There is no cure for it but the paralysis in the face gradually goes away. You can not tell that I have belspalsy by just looking at me ...unless I smile because the smile hasn't completely improved but my vision and ability to cry has. I still have regular check-ups to monitor my progress.

I am 40 yrs old and had the condition of bellspalsy on the right side of my face when I was around 7yrs old. I like to be real so I am going to shoot it straight. I had many different therapies, took steroids, did facial exercises and saw several physicians including a neurologist. The end result of having bellspalsy can be permanent nerve damage. For 33 years, I have only had half a smile, can wink with only the left eye and now have a bigger wrinkle on the right side of my face than the left. It is more difficult to breathe and see from the right side. When I become tired, emotional or drink alcohol the lack of nerve movement on the right side becomes much worse because the movement that I do have is mostly from exercising the muscles on the right side of my face. Sorry but I have never entered a forum like this but thought everyone who reads this needs to know the true facts.

I had got Bellspalsy when I was 9yrs old. It made my left side of my face weeken & it was hard for me to smile or talk. I dont know where or how I had gotten it. Now that I am 25 some people can't notice but whe I talk or smile i could tell the left side of my face is really weak. It makes me sad sometimes cause I am soo young & have to live with this condition my whole life. :'(

I got Bellspalsy when i was 8months pregnant and well depresses for a while.but i got a little better all i can say to all is that it is so sad that we got that and not a day goes by that i don't think about it or know that i wish i could change it but i cant. I don't get depressed anymore for one i have someone to live for my two kids my husband and if we don't i know we all have someone that cares so much for us... I did almost get better i do alot of exercise on my face smile and show my teeth- don't loose hope i think we can all get better someday..................just smile and take it a day a time.........................
:-) :-)

I have had Belspalsy 5 times in the past 2 years . The first time was the worst but everytime I ahve to go on a course of steroids , 10 a day for so long then wean myself of them 1 at a time . I have been referred to the hospital for scans many times nut nothing ever comes with it . I've only just turned 21 and it feels like it rules my life ... i get depressed , feeling like i cant go out cause people are staring as i ahve to have my eye taped uo and my mouth is really bad . The steroids make you depressed aswell which doesnt help. x

Look honey smile like you just won the lottery.GOD knows whats gona happen even before it happens and he has plans for you.I know people stare and are mean some time,but when they do just smile really big and say GOD has really big plans for me! I know its easier said than done,but have faith you have your whole life ahead of you,if you just do it GOD will carry you threw it !! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL !! Just some one who read this and cares ROSE :)

if belspalsy is a virus, so it can be transfer to other oerson?how? and what is theposssible treatment of this kind of disorder