Hi. I'm 45 year old female and I have developed one very strange and unpleasant condition.
One morning I have woke up with paralyzed side of my face. I couldn’t remember any thing that could cause this but I remember that I had some strong neck pain few days ago but I have no idea could this be connected with this.
I contacted my doctor and, after few testings, he determined that I suffer from some disease called Bell’s Palsy!
He prescribed me some antibiotic because he suspected on some ear infection. What more should I know about this disease?

Bells palsy is a condition that causes the facial muscles to weaken or become paralyzed. It's caused by trauma to the 7th cranial nerve called nervus facialis, and what’s more important – it is not permanent.
Twitching, weakness, or paralysis of the face are symptoms of a disorder involving the facial nerve. The trigger for this disease in most cases is some virus, although things like trauma can cause this.
There is also one very common situation which can cause this and that is- going out side on a wind after washing your hair. Wind or some cold weather can cause the head bone to shrink and in reaction to the sudden cold the facial nerve within the ear (temporal) bone swells, and this pressure on the nerve in the bony canal damages it.
The best thing about it is that it can be treated.
If simple swelling is believed to be responsible for the facial nerve disorder, then steroids are often prescribed.