Hi, my sister is 34 years old and she is suffering from bell's palsy for more than 10 days. I have heard about complication which this disorder may cause on the eyes. Friend of mine told me that palsy may dry eyes and damage them. I would like to know something more about it.

Hi, bell's palsy is very unpleasant because of problems which it may cause by drying the eyes. Because of nerve dysfunction patient can't close his eye and it may cause drying of eye. In order to prevent it doctor are prescribing artificial tears which are very useful. Also wearing the tape over the eye is also good method.

Hi there,
Unfortunately this condition causes many side effects and it mainly affects the muscles of your face. So your sister will have problems with dry eyes that are caused by Bell’s palsy. You have to know that her tear duct will not be able to produce enough tears and that here eyelids will not be able to close completely. So the fact is that she might even have to close her eyelid manual with here had in order to have enough lubrication on her eyes. Has her doctor suggested any eye drops that she can use to avoid dryness in her eyes? I hope this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco

Just got Bell's palsy onset Sunday couldn't wink eye & open other Wednesday am smile crooked. Went to hospital- on prenesone . I had pain in eye sense Sunday - my vision is bad- went to eye doctor only to find out my cornea was drying out! Now watering.my eye on the hr! At night pm gel in eyes taped sideways with paper tape- than eye patch-to close & stay shut at night- if it effects eye- GO TO AN EYE DOCTOR ALSO-Now they sending me to an optamalogist to check for damage in my eye! This is day three and I'm gonna find an acupuncture specialist today. Our faces are our calling card - be kind to yourself -God bless & speedy recovery! Ps- pray!