Hi all, I'm so scared. About two weeks ago I came down with a sinus cold and then a couple of days later, I started to realize the vision in my left eye was off. I really started to get scared and I went to an eye doc, she said nothing. She sent me to a corneal specialist who said my eye is perfectly normal and he referred me to a neurologist. What is going on with me? Optic Neuritis? Brain tumor? I have my appt tomorrow but I cannot stop the worry and anxiety. I keep reading oline that this inflammation is atttached to MS and I'm really starting to worry...brain tumor, MS, Hydrocephalus. All bad news...I'm scared and just feel too young to have to deal with these diseases. Any thoughts or advice as to what I might have? No pain, just grey lines and blurryness. Had all the tests done at Opthamologist and NOTHING. Thanks for listening.
:-(

hi i have also got the same problem i suffer with sinusitis and have optical neuritis which is inflammation of the optic nerve, this is my second episode, last time my sight came back within 3 months, this time i am on antibiotics for my sinuses. It gets diagnosed after a number of tests so go back to your doctor and get him to send you to an emergency eye clinic to get it sorted. you may need steroids if your sight doesnt come back, it should start to improve after 2 weeks. Do you get pain down one side of you face, ear and neck with your sinus problems, my doctor has just mentioned cluster headaches to me which i had neverheard of before and i have been suffering for years. My opthalmologist said i shouldnt have any long term sight problems. hope you get it sorted.

%-) Not so sure what to tell you since you have the sinuitis with the loss of your vision, but one thing that optic neuritis has, is some pain. If you move your eye to the left or right and there is pain, it is quite possible that it is optic neuritis.

I had optic neuritis 2 years ago. My vision returned thankfully. There seem to be several steps to go on afterwards IF it IS optic neuritis. Just to put your mind at ease, onlly 50% of people with optic neuritis develop Multiple Sclerosis. 50% DO NOT GET IT. they have tests to see if you are prone to MS... they are an MRI and a spinal tap.

Good luck
Carlo

Carlo, did the doctor put you on any meds for your ON because i have had it twice and no meds apart from antibiotics the second time.

My aunti had had ON a few times but she went blind so she was put on steroids and regularly takes ibuprofen she started with it 20 years ago. My sight is coming back now but the pressure in my head is unbelievable, i now have a swollen lymph node due to infection so am on antibiotics again.

Guest has your sight improved yet and have the docs come up with a diagnosis yet?

Cheryl