Sinus pressure, irritated/swollen/puffy eyes, fatigue, irritability, DEPRESSION! I am so frutrated. I feel like I am sick more than I am healthy lately. I constantly go to the doctor and the response is always "sinusitis again." I get antibiotics but then it comes right back. Many people suspect allergies, but allergy meds doesn't seem to have an impact.

When I wake up, I don't want to get up. I feel tired as soon as my eyes open because they are puffy, itch and feel thick and swollen. My teeth/jaws are sore, I am constantly pushing my hands on my cheek bones (just to the left/right of my nose), putting pressure on the ridge of my nose and just above my nose on my forehead. I feel out of it and spacey. I am irritable. All I can think about is when I get to lay down again. When I rest, I still wake up tired. I can't sleep longer than four hours a night unless I have sleep medication which only allows a 7 hour nights rest at most.

All of this is bringing me down and depressing me so badly. I am usually a very upbeat, happy energetic person, but not in the last three months. I can't seem to shake it. My irritability is at an all time high. I really need help with this.

Does ANYONE have advice or some sort of knowledge as to what this is? I keep going to the doctor and hearing the same thing over and over but nothing is improving.

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks so much!!

Molly

Sounds like you have a chronic sinus infection, which can be quite serious. Insist on seeing an Ear-nose-throat specialist. I've been through this, and once the antibiotics become ineffective, you may need them to go in and scrape out the infected tissue. I remember going through a large range of antibiotics, and virtually all but tetracycline became ineffective quickly. There are some new antibiotics that also have the "rare" risk of that skin-eating disease. Just the thought of it makes me squeamish, so I've only taken those once or twice, but that's all it takes in some cases. Do ask if that's being prescribed if you know you wouldn't take it once you read the possible side effects.

Don't take sinus problems lightly. It can lead to tooth loss, brain swelling, even death if ignored too long. Your body is telling you it needs more help than you've gotten to date..

I too suffer dreadfully from sinusitis and am doing so today. I have seen specialists who confirm accute sinusitis and recommended a CT scan, which found no problems and therefore said I would have to suffer! I will go back to my doctor and demand something be done since I can't keep having time off work!!

My father had this same problem. He kept getting the "It's allergies and it will go away" from our local doctor. Finally, I got him to go and see a Ears Throat Nose doctor and get a ct scan. The doctor said that he had the most Sinus/Nasal Polyps he has ever seen in his career. He wen't in for surgery, which he said was painless, and came out problems solved.

Just a quick question.... He snored all the time, now he doesn't. Do you snore at all?

Do you grind or clench your teeth at night? I have similar symptoms (face pain, headaches) and saw an ENT who suggested the TMJ syndrome. I now wear a night guard so that I can't clench my teeth when I sleep and I feel better.

I just went to the doc yesterday b/c I woke up with a "tight" forehead and slight swelling in my lower forehead and around my eyes. The doctor said it was probably a sinus infection b/c I was also stuffy and prescribed me Augmentin. The swelling is still there, a day and a half later. Does this sound normal for sinusitis sufferers? Thanks.

Thought I would chime in on this issue. I had what was diagnosed as a sinus infection a couple of times. The effects of this infection are devistating. If you've had a sinus infection I don't need to go on how you feel depressed. Anyway, two things have worked for me. One is a pine oil based pill that I got from Switzerland. I'm not sure if you can get in the states. The other, with less piney side-effects, is an ionic silver solution from Peaceful Mountain. I know it sounds hoaxy, but it actually works. You inhale the solution like any other nasal spray. I inhale it when I feel an infection coming on, and usually within a few hours I feel better and the infection soon goes away. This is definitely better than taking antibotics, which if taken too much, will not work when you really need them.

I sleep well during the night and I am waking up with the same symptoms of pressure around my eyes - making me feel tired ALL the time. I am usually a very upbeat person and I am very active. Not the case for the past week or so. I have taken antihistamines and while they dry my sinuses out, the spaciness if still lingering. I fall into these "zoned-out" periods where I have to close my eyes just to gain some relief. I am in the process of a move to another state so this comes at an inconvenient time. I have had sinus problems in the past and I think seeing an ENT specialist is a good idea. Thanks for the posts and help. I hope all people who suffer from this gain some relief soon.

I am experiencing similar problems lately- feeling fatigued and tired as soon as I get up. I am taking antihistamines to clear up the clogging in the "pipes" but the spaciness is getting to be a little much- especially since we need to be focused during the day. It sucks! I think seeing an ENT is the answer. Thanks for the posts, everyone. I hope to see one once I move next week (ENT)! This comes at the worst time when I am trying to move to another state. Is there an effective temporary relief out there? Sinus tablets are helpful but suck the energy from me.

I have similar symptoms and I appreciate the posts. I will make an appt. with an ENT as soon as I can swing it (I'm moving now and it's the most inconvenient time for this!) - after the holiday on Monday. I get 8 hrs of sleep and I still feel like I need more. I can't focus or concentrate for more than 5 minutes, it seems. Is there any relief out there (over-the-counter) until I can see an MD specialist?

I have the same symtoms and the answer to your question about sinus problems that keep coming back is simply--move out of your home--you are allergic to something in your home

you should see a facial pain specialist, i did once but he referred my to ear nose and throat and to my dentist. i dont agree with the doctor saying you have to suffer with sinitus, you may suffer with migraines so could have an allergy test and cut out trigger foods, dairy products, coffee, chocolate, limit stress and relax (easier said than done i know). Your doctor should want to get to the bottom of the problem. Try a facial pain specialist.

Hi there
I have just read your symptoms and they are exactly the same as mine but i have suffered with sinus pressure,spaced out feeling and tiredness for 10 years.I was referred to the ENT consultant and had to get a scan of my sinuses and they have found out that there are blockages and also disease in my sinuses.You should get referred too and get checked out.Good luck!

I have been miserable with sinus infection for two years. I actually went to one ENT and they told me it was just allergies. Went to an allergy specialist and they couldnt figure it out. THen i went to a different ENT and the first thing he said was, we cant tell anything till you get a nasal CT Scan. The CT scan revealed that i have a huge nasal polyp in my right sinus and that i have a deviated septum. Both of these problems are causing chronic infection in my sinuses. I am scheduled for surgery in two weeks. I cannot wait to get this done and be able to feel healthy again.
My symptoms were nasal congestion, puffy eyes, clogged ears, cough, post nasal drip, constant clearing of throat. If you have these symptoms, go to an ENT and get a CT Scan.

I have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis and have experience disabling headache stuffiness, postnasal drip (I cannot blow my nose due to a deviated septum) fatigue, infections and lack of concentration. This has been going on since August 2006. My ENT is suggesting a CT and very likely surgery. Are these symptoms consistent with the diagnosis?