Hello, everyone! I’ll be short, because we (husband and I) really need to find a solution to this as soon as possible! The thing is that my husband is having continual problems with what looks like dizziness, and constantly complaining of some kind of pressure in his head. Also, and almost always along with that, he’s suffering full-blow vertigo! Then, when he went to doctor/hospital, they’ve put him on MRI, and – it was almost ok, except that they found Acute Sinusitis. However, he’s not having any real or obvious symptoms, he’s breathing is quite ok, smell also, and no musuc production in massive amounts. I really have doubts about MRI, and would like to hear you opinion. Also, since I’m pretty much convinced that antibiotics are of little use in treating Sinusitis, I would be glad to hear your experiences/suggestions on different treatments. Thanks a lot!

Hi, I guess I can give you advice on this, since I had same problems several years ago. First thing you need to know is that there is possibility that your husband has some structural abnormality within his body and/or organs; MRI is quite useful in detecting such problems. And if it actually revealed structural causes, he should look for other solution instead of antibiotic treatment, since antibiotics are in fact useless in cases of deviated septum, or bone spur etc. If that is the problem, Levaquin or Biaxin (clarithomycin) would do more harm to him. The solution would be surgery – BFESS, or reconstruction of nasal airway. However, if your husband’s problems are caused by infection, antibiotics could help; maybe Prednisone (but they all have side-effects which could be really, really awful!).

Hello.

I have the exact same thing since the last two weeks, it started with some vertigo, then I started feeling pressure in my head, central and sides, breathing feels funny, airway is clear but I feel a congestion somewhere.

I am interested in knowing if the surgery was succesful in stopping the pressure and the vertigo.

I also suffer on a daily basis from chronic sinus problems as well as dizziness, I am really tired of the CT SCANS, MRI, and balance test. Why are we paying these doctors to do nothing. My problems have escalated in the last few months after a plan ride, I have yet to recover. My problems start mainly with my ears does anyone else have this problem

I have had similar symtoms on and off for the last 4 weeks and, I did actually fly 4 weeks ago, but never thought it could be the cause.
I saw my doctor and he said I may have benign positional vertigo. He said sometimes it lasts a few days, sometimes a few weeks.
The symtoms are very mild and I am able to do everything, but I just have this slight sensation in my head of instability. My airways seem clear.

I have the exact same issue.
The specialist told me i have a deviated septum from boxing. Taking a plane seemed to cause vertigo and pressure headaches also. My doctor is sending me for allergy testing before trying surgery to repair the airway.

Unfortunatley Ive suffered for 20 years part hypothyroidism and part swollen turbinates in the nose and sinuses from allergies, I could tell you more than you need to know When you have nasal allergies the tissue swells thus swelling the eustation tube that connects the middle ear pressure cause dizziness, it effects your vision, balance , vertigo spins headachy pressure in face, PNDrip thick clear, white cloudy and yellow at times ,fatigue sharp ear pains you wake up with nose swollen with little air, what helps well after 3 ct scans of sinuses, mri for tumor on ear nerve 2 eng hate them, 10 courses antibiotics a year there is a proceedure with radio wave into the tissue to shrink it havent tried it yet Im trying zyrtec before bed and saline nasal washes 3 x day careful not to get that to you eustation tube then ear fills with water and ear infection starts, milk can make you more mucousy drink lots of water to keep things thin and moving, cold air gives more sinus inf. as well humidify if in dry climate. my last resort is allergy shots had allergy testing too. dont want to dry nasal passages up too much with antihistamines any inf. will stick and not move out. like I said I know too much and much more on this subject remember dizziness is not a disease but a cause from something else ;-)

Hi: I too have been having this problem on and off for a while. At first I thought it was my progressive lens, then my head and now exploring sinusitis as a cause. I just took Nasacort, 2 puffs once daily and off-the-shelf decongestant (pseudoehphedrine) for a few days and the problem seems to go away. Hoping it goes away completely soon...

my dad finds relief from his vertigo with a homeopathic remedy called "sinusalia." we had no idea his vertigo was related to his sinuses until he tried this. HIGHLY recommend it.

HI ALL

I HAVE A TWISTED SEPTUM AND ALWAYS HAVE SINUSITUS AM AWAITING SURGERY HAVE SUFFERED FOR YEARS BUT IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS I CANT JOG ON A TREADMILL PAST 6.5 MILES PER HOUR NOT SURE IF THIS IS CONNECTED WHAT DO U ALL THINK?

LOVE GLEN XXX

I Used to get massive pressures on the top of my head, and i went to my doctor, who said it was just stress, but i kept feeling these snot bubbles inside my head. I've been on a nasal spray for sinitus and i've not had the headaches since, but lately ive been getting lightheaded o one side of my head, feeling like im going to faint. i'm wondering if this could be down to sinus problems, or if it's merely stress. Any Answers ? %-)

I have had vertigo for 5 days now, had a ct scan, diagnosed with acute sinusitis, numbness on left side of my face, muscles work fine, vertigo and unbalance is severe. Muscle co-ordination is fine, reflexes fine, feel some stuffiness on left side in sinus area. Vision is fine, speech is fine. I just can't walk. I am on antibiotics, and blood pressure went up with this, but now is fine. I am wondering about the extreme vertigo and if anyone with acute sinusitis has this. Never had vertigo with a sinus problem. I am on my 3rd day of antibiotics. Any input would be appreciated. MRI scheduled for Nov. 12, almost 1 month away. Ugh! Antivert does nothing.

hELLO ,

I am feeling the exact symptoms . How are U feeling by now ?

Thanks

I have the exact same issue. I suffered with chronic headaches, a chronic head pain, a head pressure in my head since like nov 07. I didn't know what to think of it. I noticed then that my ears became infected or so it seemed to feel like they were full of liquid or like I was underwater and my ears used to ring. i wouldn't do anything then all of a sudden my ears ring. Then i started to become faint and feel lightheadedness. I got an mri in sep 08 and got diagnosed with chronic sinusitis, the doctor prescribed augmentin for 1 month. but my chronic sinusitis came back. The same thing again, i feel faint and lightheaded, like there's some kind of instability in my head or imbalance or tipping like i feel like falling or fainting a little bit. i can still do things but sometimes I feel like I'm walking on water like its a little unstable or dizzy and I need to feel stable in my head and not faint. I also have had constant headaches and now ears feel full with a ringing sensation in them. Can anyone help me to cure this NOW?

Driftking4age,

I have been having the same symptoms for four months now, and have seen several docs, many tests, etc.
It's called Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, that is caused by sinusitis. Sinusitis can be caused by many things, in my case it's allergies, as well as something called Candida.

I hope this gives you some information. If you search ETD, you'll see what treatments help. Usually decongestants and antihistamines don't clear it up, but Claritin-D is the only thing that makes it tolerable for me. You have to get the fluid physically removed (by an ENT, of course), and possibly get a tube in the offending ear. I hope this helps you - - - I know how completely and utterly miserable this affliction is. Whatever you do though, don't give up hope! It will go away, you just have to do your own research, and not rely on Western Medicine to cure you.

Andrea