I read that breakfast is very important meal and that it should be carefully planned. I sometimes feel lack of energy and blame poor nutrition for that. I would like to change my diet and would appreciate some tips regarding the eating habits. What is the best breakfast for cyclists?

You are correct in assuming that poor nutrition can cause poor performance. Unfortunately poor eating habits can lead to much serious consequences such as various disorders and even malignant diseases in the long run. Breakfast should be made of freshly ground cereals(not pre-made industrial junk, but real seeds), fresh fruits, nuts, honey, freshly ground oily seeds (flaxseed, sunflower seed, sesame, etc.) non-fat cottage cheese and cold pressed flaxseed oil. This is the best breakfast one can imagine. It contains everything you need, from micro to macro nutrients.