Hi everyone. I am having some problems with my cat. :/ 

It seems that she hasn’t been digesting her food well lately.

I took her to the vet a week ago and he told me to take good care of her eating habits. He said ’’don’t let her eat too much, that’s all’’. But my cat actually doesn’t eat a lot. I think the problem is in the food that I am giving her.

A friend suggested me to try BARF diet. I am starting with it tomorrow. 

Can you tell me what are the best foods for cat's BARF diet?

I am trying to feed my cat with raw and boiled food. Sometimes, it is really hard for me to find a balance and I think that it is not that healthy to combine a lot of groceries, but so far there was no problem about this. I don’t know is this the best, but I love to give this food for my lovely Masha. I give her raw meet, such as chicken and turkey, raw milk, raw vegetables, well of course, not all of it, because she doesn’t like this. So far, so good! No problems at all, but I my cat is not on this diet program completely :/ And, I know that this is not totally ok. 

Hi rubylock.

I am sorry your cat has those health problems. This BARF diet is great and I think it will help your cat to feel better. I am telling you this from my own experience because my cat had similar problems. As you may know, BARF is a short for Biologically Appropriate Raw Foods.

You should know that is very important to feed your cat only with fresh and warm foods. Cats don’t tolerate frozen or cold foods.

Here is a list of foods I suggest you for this diet : lamb, goat, venison, rabbit, mice, eggs… Make sure every food you give to your cat is fresh and warm. 

BARF diet is so good and I find it very healthy for my cats. I make the food for my cats on my own, at home. It is not hard at all and I feel good because I know that my cats are eating healthy.
Since I started to feed my cats with raw food they have never been ill. I think that this diet plan is very similar to the cat’s natural eating habits and that’s the reason why this diet is so healthy for them.
In my opinion, the best foods for this diet are turkey, duck, quail and pheasant.

Hey. I really hope that this problem will be a past soon. I would like to recommend BARF diet, because it is really healthy way of living and eating for your cat. A lot of people who had a problem with their cat tried this diet and lately everything was just fine. About the foods, I do recommend chicken, turkey, lamb, duck, brown rice, eggs. The best thing that you can do is to make a food alone, but your groceries need to be fresh for that. You really should try it because I can guarantee that everything will be just fine with your cat.

It would be nice to hear what is going on with your cat if you have decide to try this diet. 

The same advice about BARF diet I got a while ago. I altered my cats’ meals to the BARF and they loved it. But only for the couple of months, so I needed to switch back to a less rigid feeding regime. Although, I have noticed that my cats had cleaner teeth and producing less stool than usual.

What they ate the most were various kinds of poultry and rabbit meat. Some of them were intolerant to red meat, so I needed to be careful. I gave them fish oil supplement with their meals.

Hope you will find out what’s the best for your cat. 

I don’t know that much about cat’s BARF diet, because I never had a cat, and I know a lot about dog’s BARF diet, but I can say that this is one way of eating that you need to try, and you will find out what are we talking about. You need to eat fresh food, and the best thing to do is to prepare this food by your own. You can use, as far as I know, chicken meat, lamb, pork, and some of vegetables. When you learn all groceries that you need, feed your cat according BARF diet program. 

Well, cats, just like dogs, are really picky sometimes, and that is annoying sometimes :) But, nothing that you can’t handle. About BARF diet program, you need to know that you cat must eat fresh food. The main reason is because cats don’t have the metabolic means to digest ripe foods. Cats are evolutionary picky, and there are so many reasons about this. So, if you are feeding your cat raw diet, this means that all of your cat’s food must and need to be fresh. All those groceries, it can be frozen first.. Don’t let your cat to eat old meat. That is forbidden. 

Hello. There are so many options if you decide to follow this diet. That is actually one of the main beauties of BARF.

You can prepare anything you want for your cat. One day you can use chicken meat, the other day you may wanna use pork or turkey. Many cats love duck meat and quail and pheasant…  It’s up to you.

Vegetables are also allowed, as long as they’re raw. Everything from raw carrots to parsley and onions… As long as your cat accepts to eat it.

You may wanna try giving your cat some raw milk too. You shouldn’t forget about the milk since milk is very important for your cat’s health.

When we talk about cats’ eating plan, a BARF is an excellent choice. Our sweet little kittens are basically carnivores so raw food is the best for them. The people made mistake in altering their nutrition through domesticating when they started feeding cats with grain and wheat based diets which resulted in higher level of disease.

You need to feed your cat several times per day and if you want to make transition towards BARF, you need to do it by slowly mixing with current diet until you are feeding your cat 100% raw.

Personally, I recommend fish BARF because of omega-3 fatty acids. You can make meals from whole sardines, chicken meat, ground chicken bone, beef live and/or kidney, carrots, celery, apples, ground  flaxseed, fish oil, yoghurt, alfalfa and kelp powder, and garlic.