Hi my name is Jazmin and I am 18 years old. I have had this problem with really oily skin on my face since about 7th grade(around the time I started my period). Then around when I was 15 years old I noticed that the oil on my face started producing a bad smell. Over these 3 years the smell has gotten worse. I have talked to my family doctor about it & she tested my blood and found that my testostorone levels were a bit high for my weight and age. So she then perscribed me many different prescriptions such as: Spironolactone 25mg, Doryx 100mg, Tazorac, Metro Lotion 0.75%, Klaron Lotion 10%, And Retin-A Micro 0.04%. I have used all these products and nothing has helped with the oil or the smell. I have made an appointment with an Endocronologist. What should I expect?

Do you have any additional problems like problems with periods, or excessive hair growth, etc? My sister suffered from polycystic ovarian syndrome which is linked to high levels of insulin and testosterone.
There are different drugs used. For example my sister had to take birth control pills but other girls take some kind of diabetic drugs to control the insulin use or anti- androgen medications.
It is important to lose weight because most girls who suffer from PCOS are overweight and it is important to regulate nutrition and avoid fried stuff, sugars, fast food and start exercising.
It would be wise to see an endocrinologist and discuss with them your options if your problem is hormonal.

I know exactly what you're talking about. The smell is kind of like rancid cheese. I had the same problem for 11 years.

I searched everywhere on the Internet about this and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem until two weeks ago....

On another forum this person mentioned the same problem.

A doctor had replied that it had something to do with a liver problem.

It made me think, perhaps my liver doesn't properly filter certain toxins.

I started taking an herbal supplement called "Milk thistle" I've been taking twice the recommended dosage for two weeks.

The odor is completely GONE. I haven't breathed through my nose in about 11 years without smelling what you're talking about.

It's gone. I hope for your sake you read this. I know it is torture living with this odor. It's not natural

Please reply if you get this

Hi. I occasionally get this bad oil smell coming from my face. I notice whenever it happens because it's overwhelming, however it isn't all the time. When it does happen, I notice I tend to feel sick. Not a cold or anything, just general malaise. Could it be my liver failing or something? What kind of toxins could my liver not be processing in order to produce this?

Milk Thistle........definitely give this a shot. In the period of a week this condition of oily skin around the noise that is just awful....has gone away. Liver problems do run in my family as well. So this isn't a surprise.

Thanks poster

THANK YOU BILL494!! GOING TO PURCHASE THIS RIGHT AFTER WORK!!!

Thank you for posting this. I will give the Milk Thistle a try. I've had this oder on my face off an on for the last yr. I was even thinking if I could possibly have a yeast infection on my face. I've been parinoid that I have cancer or something. (My grandfather had an oder when he was dying of cancer). I shower everyday wash face twice a day but the longer the day goes on, the more I notice it. I've been really concerned this week when my daughter told me I stink. I'm not a heavy person (a little over weight) and I am very clean. I asked my other child last night if my face smelled funny, and she looked like she was going to get sick after she smelled it. Its wierd too, because I can "feel" it getting oily. It almost feels like it's pulsing. like I can feel it excreting. Gosh that sounds so disgusting. I've been so self conscience. I've been planning on trying to get into a dermatologist. I'll try the Milk Thistle first. Any other suggestions or ideas... I'd be extatic to hear!

Keep in mind that "odors" can come from your body from detox.  So, because your getting an odor could be the problem or it could be your body detoxing through your skin.

You can forget about help from a doctor.  They seem to be even more clueless about this condition than we are.  I've had this problem for at least 10 or more years and it seems to get worse as I get older.  The oily skin isn't just located in one area for me.  Its mostly around my nose, just above my chin, behind my ears, and most of all my hands.  Its worse on some days than others.  So far the only thing I've found to help is the steam room for like 20 min. a day, but even then it comes back within hours.  I'm going to try the milk thistle also, hope it helps.  I'm also changing my diet.  Less fatty stuff and more raw vegetables.

Okay, I have had this problem for years and, I shower up to 5 times a day, I have always been like that. In the interest of not making this a very long story, I will cut to the chase. The problem is a toxin, with me it's sugar and, I would bet that with most of you it's also sugar. I am stink free as a result of cutting out sugar and replacing it with sugarcane as a sweetener. I had that horrible smell on my nose for years and, I have to say that it made me VERY depressed at times. So, my advice would be to take the Milk Thistle for sure (get the liquid, NOT capsules... they suck) and take it as it is directed for 3 months (this will be amazing for not just your liver) and, stop eating sugar. Also, look up 'Demodex' and see it it applies.

Jazmin wrote:

I have this same problem for six months. I've been to several dermatologist they could not figure out what was going on with me.
fortunately, I was doing research on the web when I found out that the smell is related to very high level of testosterone. And the best natural way to fix that problem is by drinking NETTLE leaf tea or nettle extract(best).You can get this from WHOLE FOOD STORES.
In less than one week the SMELL WAS GONE.

Who ever posted about Milk Thistle? YOU ARE GENIUS!!!!!! I thank you so much for this post because I've been having this oily face/odor issue for a few years. I noticed I was drinking beer everyday and realized I may have done some damage to my liver, but I know I'm not having liver issues.. but anyway, I started taking Milk Thistle for 2 days and already I noticed the smell is gone!!! I'm going to continue to take this and update you guys but the brand I used I purchased from GNC called Natures Answer Milk Thisle seed 1 oz. bottl liquid. It cost about 14 to 16 bucks..if you having this issue I suggest you go and get it! It works!!!! Now I'm comfortable going around people without worrying about smelling bad.. and its only been 2 days!! Wow..

Hey man,

How are you?

Can you please update us, is your oily face/odor issue has 100% gone?

If your drinking beer everyday it's a Yeast issue.  Milk thistle will help your liver but you need to add Biotin 5000mcg a day and or Capryl to detox the yeast out of your body.  It will also help your smelly BO and stop eating sugar.  It's called Candida. 

Would you recommend the organic alcohol one or the alcohol free?