Hello everyone

I've read a lot about Maker’s diet or, as some may call it, Bible diet. I really like the idea of eating only healthy food. And as I can see the restriction of food is minimal. I can eat almost everything I ate before, with some minor revisions. Of the things I used to eat the only thing I now must avoid is junk food. Everything else is pretty much ok. I guess my eating habits were not at all that bad before.

Now, since I am starting with this diet, I would really appreciate it if you can share some recipes with me. Thanks in advance.

Hi TinkerBell23

I can share one recipe with you. I love it and I eat this often even though I am not on this diet.

It’s a recipe for salade nicoise. You will need six portions of tuna steak, one pound of French beans, six cups of green salad, six small tomatoes, six small red potatoes, olive oil, two dozen of small black olives and two cups of herb dressing.

Here’s what you do. Brush tuna steaks with olive oil and add salt and pepper. Take a heavy pan and cook it in it for 4 minutes each side. Divide salad in six big plates. Add tomatoes, potatoes, olives and beans. Then place steaks on top. And you’re done! :)

I have one. You can make berry smoothie. I love it.

My girlfriend bought me a blender ( she knows me so well). Since then, I’ve tried at least 50 combinations of ingredients and berry smoothie is in my top 5.

You will need two cups of frozen berries, two tablespoons of unheated honey, one tablespoon of flaxseed oil, one tablespoon of coconut oil and 10 oz. of coconut milk or yogurt.

Put everything in a blender and mix it until it’s smooth.

You will love this recipe, it is much more tasteful than it sounds.  If I find another recipe that fits this diet, I will write it for you.

Hi TinkerBell23

You could make chicken fajitas. You will need: one cup of lemon or lime juice, two pounds of chicken breast(cut them into strips), six tablespoons of olive oil, four garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon of chili powder, quarter cup of pineapple juice, dried oregano(one teaspoon), one green and one red pepper, two onions, twelve tortillas, melted butter, dried theme, crème fraiche and chismole for garnish.

Mix oil, lemon juice(or lime juice if you prefer), pineapple juice and spices. Mix all of that well and then combine it with the meat. You will need to marinate it for a couple of hours. Take a heavy pan and sauté the meat. While you are doing that put the vegetables in marinade. When you are done with the meat sauté vegetables in olive oil and spread all over the meat.

Heat tortillas and add melted butter on them. Serve them with the meat. It will be delicious.

I have another one. You could make a pumpkin pie spiced smoothie.

You will need one and a half cup of unsweetened almond milk, one cup of chopped raw pumpkin, ice, one large carrot, two teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, one tablespoon of chia seeds, one tablespoon of ground flaxseed and  122g of chopped pineapple chunks(fresh).

Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix them until smooth. This smoothie is great. I’ve tried it once, my friend (who was at that time following Maker’s diet) made it for me. I loved it and I had to write down the recipe. Hope you will enjoy it.:)

I am definitely trying this pumpkin pie spiced smoothie. It sounds delicious.

I also have another recipe, and you will love this one. It is a recipe for coconut flour muffins. They are very yummy and they are not at all hard to prepare.

First, you will need to blend together  three organic eggs, two tablespoons of coconut oil, coconut milk, three tablespoons of organic raw honey, quarter teaspoon of salt and another quarter teaspoon of vanilla.

Combine quarter cup of organic coconut flour with quarter teaspoon of baking powder and mix it into batter until the lumps disappear. Put batter into the muffin cups and bake at 200C for fifteen minutes.

You can serve muffins with raw honey.;)  

I have one idea for lunch when you are on Maker’s diet. You can make Chicken tacos. You will need corn tortillas, chicken, tomatoes, guacamole, cilantro, red onion and lime juice. I did not wrote the quantity of all these ingredients because it is a very individual thing. Some people like a lot of red onion, me on the other hand- I like just a little, that I can barely feel its taste.

The preparation is very simple, you just need to cut all these ingredients, mix them and put them in a corn tortilla.  It’s very tasteful and I often make this for myself even though I’m not on a diet anymore.