I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome seven months ago, and was put on drugs. The medication I have been taking is called Zelnorm and my doctor said that this is the best and newest drug for Irritable Bowel Syndrome , so I put a lot of hopes on that drug. It has not done all that much for me if I am honest. The Irritable Bowel Syndrome still bothers me a lot. My symptoms have no gone away. What do others have to say about the best drug for IBS? I would appreciate your opinion.

That is the unfortunate thing with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Any medication you get for Irritable Bowel Syndrome is basically there to relieve your symptoms and make you feel better. Mediation does not cure IBS, as you know. It is hit and miss whether any medication will work for you, and personally I would stick to tried and tested meds, rather than new and experimental ones such as the one you mention.