I was told I have IBS but I never have any serious abdominal pain. It is just about occasional cramps and discomfort but only when I drink milk and that's when I have diarrhea. I usually am constipated but with no abdominal pain I just feel light discomfort and stomach puffiness while constipation but no severe abdominal pain. so do you think is IBS possible without abdominal pain? Thanks.

It sure is possible having IBS without abdominal pain. I have IBS and am having abdominal pain while constipating but after having bowel movement also the pain goes right away. So I have for years now irritable bowel syndrome symptoms but no severe abdominal pain but anyway having just the IBS is enough feeling uncomfortable. I just like you am milk intolerant-my intestines are not about to reduce the lactose meaning the milk sugar so the best and most simplest way to avoid this milk situation often in form of diarrhea and frequent abdominal cramps is just to avoid drinking milk and eating milk products. But on the other hand if you want to reduce your IBS symptoms you need to change all your diet - the way you eat and what you eat. I have some rules that turned out to be of help. And you also might try with it for as I see you have both diarrhea and constipation problems so depending on what problem is in progress you try to take fibers-soluble fibers are for constipation and diarrhea cases only for dissolving in water they turn into gel-like material. And the food rich with soluble fibers is beans, apple and citrus fruit. But you also have insoluble fibers and such food is good in constipation periods-here you use whole grain breads, whet bran and almost every sort of vegetables.