Hello. I've never been on this site before. But I thought that this site might help.

I'm a 14 year old girl and get stomach aches a lot as well as gas, constipation (rarely it will switch to diarrohea) and horribly embarassing stomach growling which is very loud. I know the stomach aches are often associated with period pain, but I'm positive this is different.

I've told my mum I think I may have IBS, yet she doesn't believe me. It was hard enough admitting to these syptoms. So why would someone fake this?

So what do you think? Could it be IBS or something else?

Thank you for reading.

(PS, do certain drinks like hot chocolate cause stomach aches/gas?)

Hi! Foods that produce gas in one person may not cause gas in another.The body does not digest and absorb some carbohydrates—the sugar, starches, and fiber found in many foods. Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder characterized most commonly by cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea. So it does sound like IBS. Causes of IBS are yet not known. Eat fresh vegetables and fruits. Eat a fiber rich food. Fiber improves working of intestine and stabilizes the symptoms. Avoid caffeine and fat. They may cause cramps in intestine. Drink at least eight glasses of water every day. Avoid carbonated beverages. Gas produced due to their consumption will worsen the symptoms. Eat small meals frequently instead of a large meal. I hope this helps. Take care.

Hmm... Ok! Thanks for the interesting information! :-)

Anyone else thinks it could be IBS?