I have very good friend, who is my roommate too, suffering terribly from IBS. It lasts one year already and I hate to watch her in pain. I watched her social life become almost non existent and she can eats about 6 different kinds of foods. I heard marijuana could help with IBS, what surprised me a lot. That’s why I want to hear if anyone tried that and is that really helpful?

I had friend too with irritable bowel syndrome who told me the best pain relief was from marijuana. He told me it was the best medicine to treat IBS because before he started to use it, he wasn’t able to do anything. He wasn’t able to eat, sleep, drink alcohol, or use the bathroom. Also he told me it very good for PMS same as IBS because of severe menstrual cramps. Somewhere he found out those pains is so severe and no pill can do what Marijuana can do. But it’s not just my friend who confirmed this opinion, some cannabinoids are already is use clinically. Basically there is a biological reason why some of the compounds in marijuana could affect the GI tract and help some IBSers. As you can see, it is not so abstract to use Marijuana for this kind of pain. It is known from side of people who really suffer of IBS. Whether she could get medical Marijuana for this to avoid the legality issues I can not tell you. But don’t judge your friend if she wants to try this kind of pain relief.

i have ibs and marijuana is the only medicine that relieves my cramps pain and frequent use of the restroom sleeping through the night is no longer a problem and road trips are no longer a hassle those with IBS understand

Absolutely. Marajuana is THE BEST fprm of relief from IBS that I have used. I took a prescription called Dicetel for years, but had to stop as I was trying to get pregnant. I now continue to smoke small amounts and find it to be the besy refief from IBS.
The medical field and drug companies will deny this, of course, but its the truth.

i agree with Dianna (2005) i have diagnosed with IBS and i find that it really helps my syptoms. I have tired other Medical pills one (prilosec) just mad the nausea worse. i am now taking ranitidine and it has helped but not enough. I had tired a few different times to go all organic, change my diet, and eat pretty darn healthy, i have even started taking a supplement called primal defense (garden of life brand) and aloe very juice (for the stomach), which has greatly helped. i have been fighting this c**p for many years before it got so bad that i went to the doctor. i have had the upper endocospy test, cat scans, chest x-rays and the most recent test is a stool sample. (no results from that yet), but after the doctors telling me about IBS all my stomach issues sort of make sense. this is an acid disorder that they have no cure for and dont have any idea what causes it. so the best ou can do it eat right take meds and any supplement to keep your PH balanced ( a good probiotic blend - primal defense). nausea, stomach cramps, diarrhea, and stomach pains are apart of the disease that are they for good. taking these steps help to lessen the issues, smoking pot helps to relieve the nausea and helps me to eat. (i had lost almost 40 pounds before realizing it wasnt the flu). there is nothing wrong with changing your diet, we all can use a good healthy diet. pizza, burgers, cheeses, greasy foods, deep fired foods need to be ate in moderation and can i suggest not when you  have smoked pot... be real people think of the c**p you eat when high and it seems that you never get full, and then wonder why you have stomach cramps and nauses after about 20 minutes.. really !!! dah!!!!!!!!! its the munchies!!! and crappy foods can last in your system with it effects for days...... i have yet to be able to convince my doctors that i need this medically... then truly dont have an open mind... alls i can say is a pill is not always the answer. i smoke every night after getting home and not more.. this helps me to relax and to be able to eat. this makes it worth it to me. i also, however believe that if you are smoking it way too much, then eating way too much that the things that people say are probably true, which means you need to realize its not worth smoking pot if this his how you feel. over doing any drug is going to cause issues. GET REAL PEOPLE AND REALIZE WHERE THE BLAME NEED TO GO !!! i for one have been smoking pot off and of since i was 15 (now 48) i have gone years and quit and then started again. just like alcohol- over do it and you will pay.. but with alcohol its usually the next day and how you feel. anyhow i hope what i write helps anyone out there.