Hi, my aunt is suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). She often has constipation, abdominal pain and bloating. She decided to try a new medication for IBS called zelnorm. Does anyone have experience with this drug?

Hi, I heard of this medication for IBS. I wanted to try it, because I suffer from IBS, but my friend told me not to. She told me that it was recently released, and it hasn’t passed enough time to determine how effective it is. There are some other medications for IBS your aunt can try, such as lotronex. However, lotronex has some bad sides too. It caused many side effects and even several deaths. That is why I didn’t want to use it. Did your aunt try some laxatives? They worked for me in the last two months more than any medication did. Changing habits can also be helpful, if you start eating healthier food with more fibers, and doing some exercises.

meridith wrote:

stop taking ZELNORM asap,its been recalled by FDA !!

I was put on Dicetel to treat my symptomes. I was put on the minimum dosage at first so I havent seen much change yet, but I also havent had any side effects either