Ive been taking Doxycycline for a few years now actually and i just started taking Ocella birth control exactly two weeks ago. However, last night me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex twice and once this morning. I then found out that Doxycycline can affect ocella or any kind of birth control? has anyone gotten pregnant because of this? or does anyone know how much it affects birth control? id really appreciate it thanks! could i be pregnant? plus i didnt start the pill on the sunday after my period started i started the pill the sunday after my period ENDED. thanksss

Hi there! I read that Doxycycline could affect Ocella. Also, they say that use of Doxycycline might affect the teeth color of the baby. Since it does affect birth control I guess it's better to use condoms when taking the doxycyxline, the website just says that it does make the pill less effective and it doesn't say what the chances are. Apparently it decreases the effectiveness of almost all forms of birth control, Ocella included. Maybe you should talk with your family planning doctor to arrange a more effective alternative. I hope this will help you.