Hi! I’m allergic to milk for years and I learn how to live normally with this allergy. But now I’m wondering something. I started to take birth control pills few weeks ago and I didn’t ask my doctor is milk allergy affecting my birth control pills. Does anybody can give me answer on this question? Thanks!

Hi! I also have milk allergy and I’m on my birth control pills for two years. I think that milk allergy can not affect any birth control pills. I don’t know why you think that it can affect in some way. I have never heard anything about that. I will ask my doctor.

Hello there,

I don’t know how come you come out to this thought, but then if you are on birth control pill you probably don’t want a child so I can relate to your fear that something could affect their effectiveness.

No, your milk allergy is not affecting your birth control, and you are safe from unwanted pregnancy as long as you are using them as prescribed. I am sure that you are aware of the fact that birth control pills will protect you from unwanted pregnancy, but it will not protect you from the sexual transmitted diseases. So be careful, if you are changing partners to use condom as additional protection. I hope this was helpful.