18 – Male – 5,8 and 123 lbs

Been losing weight, yet my stomach has been getting slightly bigger in the last week. I’m in good shape and eat very well. Diet hasn’t really changed, so I find it quite odd.

For the last week I've been having several issues. It started off with this odd cold tingling sensation in my abdomen, as if something were moving around. I have been eating the same amount of food, yet feel like I’m getting much fuller, with my stomach getting larger than normal after I eat. It feels like a water bottle that has been completely filled up.
I went to the doctor about three days ago and she thought it was quite odd and told me to try Metamucil to “flush it out”, but it hasn’t done anything. It has gotten much worse since then.

The cold sensations started happening on my right and left sides, sometimes in a more “swirling flow of water” feeling. Other times it feels more controlled, as if I’m feeling the blood flow specifically. Now I'm constantly feeling cold movements mainly on my left side, but still feelings all over my abdomen area. It gets much worse after I eat, specifically when I eat dinner, with that being the largest meal. I’ve noticed that I feel “full” physically (feeling and looking at my stomach), but still want to eat more. Not out of some hunger urge, simply because I still feel hungry, eating my normal sized portions. Some type of inflation seems logical.

When I urinate I feel a type of hollowing feeling, it’s quite odd. Also, when I attempt to defecate it feels very heavy and compacted. As all the strain is going on my organs as a whole and not channeled into a flow. It feels like if I were to continue all my organs would come out. Odd thing is I’m still regular, so don’t think that is the issue.

I’m an avid tea drinker, it’s mainly what I drink throughout the day, all loose leaf. I’ve stopped drinking and have only been eating three meals a day with nothing in between to test if it has any difference. So far it’s done nothing and the feelings keep progressing. This is becoming quite the problem, it’s keeping me up at night and interfering with my work, evening feeling it right now in my lower right and left sides, it loves to move around. Any ideas? Thanks.

I am a little surprised that your doctor didn't check you for worms because it sounds to me like that's what you might have. It sounds quite a bit like you have a tapeworm which would cause a lot of the problems that you are talking about, especially with the extended stomach and swirling feeling as well. Talk to her about that and insist that she at least take a look. Keep us posted.

I am curious if you ever got a diagnosis? My 29 yr old son has the same symtoms

Did you ever find out what it was?

what do they do

Did you ever find out