I am sick and tired of feeling I have almost a year. First, it was light pain immediately after eating. Now, I have sharp pain in upper abdomen and this stomach pain after eating gets worst. I wanted to visit my doctor because my son told me it could be ulcer or some other stomach problem. I would like to know if that is true.

I shall say that is true what your son keeps telling you, and you will see why. The major symptom of an ulcer is a burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach area. This sensation usually lasts between 30 minutes and 3 hours. This pain is often interpreted as heartburn, indigestion or hunger. The pain usually occurs in the upper abdomen, as you reported. In some individuals, the pain occurs immediately after eating, which is also one of yours symptoms. In other individuals, the pain may not occur until hours after eating, which also might lead to diagnosis of ulcer. The pain frequently awakens at night, but off course, it is not always role. Weeks of pain may be followed by weeks of not having pain, which I do not know if you had. Pain can be relieved by drinking milk, eating, resting, or taking antacids, so you might try with this until you visit your doctor. Appetite and weight loss are other symptoms of stomach ulcer. I hope this is enough to you at least for now, but you should check first if that is ulcer what causes stomach pain after eating in your case.

Hi my name is Valerie. For about a year now I have had this problem whereas after I eat a meal (usually when it's starchy foods but not always the case) my stomach bloats to about 2 x's the size it should be and it hurts and if you push on my stomach it's as hard as a brick and it hurts a lot! It eventually goes away after a number of hours but the problem is that I can't eat without my stomach bloating and hurting. What could this possibly be?? I'm so lost as to what it could be...

~ Valerie

You didn’t mention seeing a doc, so I don’t know if you had any tests done on you to determine a possible cause.

There could be many causes of such symptoms and when none physical disorders are found, doctors diagnose IBS.

The problem with irritable bowel syndrome is that there is no underlying cause and that it doesn’t lead to any specific disease. In IBS, the symptoms are being treated and managed, so that the person suffering from it experiences less problems.

In order to know what you could use and what you should do, you need to be checked for an underlying causes and then act accordingly, together with your doc.

Might want to have your gal bladder checked.

For nearly a year now I have been suffering from severe stomach pains that appear to be linked to when I eat and night time. there is no rymne or reason to what hurts though. I have been to my Dr at least once a month and it seems to take forever to get anywhere. It took 7 months to get my blood tested and that showed my CRp count was highly elevated but a small bowel xray and screening did not show anything. I am 5ft 10 and have lost over 3 1/2 stone since April/May which I am finding mentally and physically distressing. The pain is very low, at the bottom of my stomach/pubic bone and if I am not experiencing sharp pains I have a constant ache like I have had a ceaesarean!
With the UK's slow NHS system I am resorting to trying to diagnose myself!

I had an ovarian cyst that acted the same way......in fact, when the doctor opened me up, he found multiple cysts in all shapes and sizes.
Maybe you are having the same problem since it is so low in the abdomin and over your pubic area. Just a thought. ;-) Hope this helps. 8)

Looking for some other type of information and found this thread. Just curious have you ever been tested for Celiac diease. It's not as bad as it sounds. If this was the case, you would not be able to eat anthing containing glutten (Wheat,Rye, barley etc) without getting alot of the symptoms you decribed

I see that nflder made my suggestion. Celiac is hereditary and has many of the symptoms you described. If I eat anything processed on machines that process wheat or have wheat (including modified food starch), I get sever back pain, abdominal bloating, pain under my rib, left side (like someone is stabbing a knife under my ribs), then diarrea sets in. I can be in pain for up to 3 days, depending on how much was consumed. To say that it's not as bad as it sounds . . . well, there's a lot I can't eat. Wheat seems to be in everything. You need to really check the labels -- soy sauce !! Apple Cider ?? your vitamins could have wheat as a filler, etc. Basically you can eat meat (no gravy) and veggies, fruit and milk. Hmm, sounds like a healthy diet. Watch out for deli meat with fillers that could be wheat. Search the web, you'll find good sites that tell you what you can and can't eat. I gained a lot of weight (some people lose a lot). I think I gained because even though I was in pain, my stomach felt really hungry all the time and eating seemed to make it feel better. It's really hard to describe the strange sensation -- pain and hunger at the same time. I also had developed numbness in my feet and legs. It turns out that celiac untreated can cause nerve damage in the legs. Since following a gluten free diet, my waist has gone down 4 inches, and my numbness is gone (6 months on the diet). BTW, I had been told that Celiac is "the most undiagnosed disease". I was told I had IBS, GERD, polups (spelling) in my colon, etc. Several different diets and prescriptions later and the symptoms had not eased. That's because you can't eat any gluten -- none, and if you are not watching for it like a hawk and eat something with gluten, you could still have the symptoms. Well, good luck to you and I hope your pain is eased.

. For a week now I have had severe pain everytime I eat Followed by back pain that travels up to my right shoulder blade. I gotten so I,m scared to eat. I have Gerd and am wondering if I could have an ulcer because of it. I been to the doctors several times. Had upper GI series.
getting very dscouraged. Darleen J. Peck Chateaugay New York.

i have headache or nausia when i eat and so far one random heartburn and pains in my ependex im very tired and get dizzy sometimes randomly!! i dont know whats wrong with me could someone please help me figure out?? :$ :'( :-( ? 8-| %-)

I have had stomach pain for the past two years and just in the last four months is becoming more excruciating. I have been reading on this subject and the two most reasons that come up are an ulcer or hiatel hernia. I have not been to see a doctor about this problem but it sounds like they do not even knoe what causes the pain by the comments from the above members.

Dear Guest, Have you been tested for gall bladder problems? Sharp pain after you eat? Is it after eating greasy foods? Do you get nauseous as well? How about a lot of burps after eating? Have you had any "attacks"? The gall bladder is under your right rib. A gall bladder attack will cause sharp pain in that area.

What is the test to check for Celiac? I have all of these symptons and I'll be going to the gastro doctor Monday. Any help would be appreciated. I am in alot of pain. Cant even drink water without muscles spasms in the tummy and all the way through the intestines. thank you

I've been in nearly constant back pain for about a year, along with bloating after meals, and just feeling tired and gross. I finally figured out that I have an intolerance to gluten. I cut out wheat and dairy for two months, and all my symptoms disappeared --then I ate some pasta and my upper back and left trapezius hurt for three days. It's worth checking into....good luck.