I read another thread on this but it didn't help much.

After eating -Even a very small amount of food- What I'm guessing is my Gastrointestinal Tract starts hurting. I had Gastritis about a year ago, this is why I'm guessing that it is this and not my stomach. What I've read indicates that I've a minor ulcer.

I will be seeing a doctor on the 26th (about 7 days from now).

I've taken Prevacid, Tums, Pepto-Bismol, and drank milk. Nothing relieves the pain except simply... not eating... I don't want to go without eating for the next week so I'm looking for other ways to relieve the pain.

Any help is welcomed.

-Rob

Hi Rob,

Try getting the supplement glutamate. I was told by my naturopathic doctor that it is the main food source for the intestinal walls, so if they are damaged and needing repair, the supplement will help them rebuild quickly! Also, try having natural yogurt and living (must be refrigerated) acidophilus. Hope these things help!

Beth

Ulcers are actually inconsistent with this history of pain. After eating, pain caused by ulcers actually transiently abates due to dilution of the stomach acid in the stomach. Given your father's history of alcohol abuse and pain worsening after eating, a strong diagnosis on your differential should be chronic pancreatitis. Chronic pancreatitis is associated with alcoholism and can cause pain after eating due to the stimulation of pancreatic secretions to digest the food. In chronic pancreatitis, these enzymes are not properly regulated and begin to digest the body's tissues instead of just the food.

Read More On Stomach pain after eating blog

hi there, i been off food for 2 years cause i get stomach pain if i eat, drs tried everything only thing i am on is ensure plus and fortisip milkshake for my food and i am on morphine and tramodol painkiller for my stomach pain, i have lost so much weight but cant do nothing, cause i ignore food now eating disorder and lost appitete etc went middleeast for couple of month then the sun and heat does help your body then when come back to cold country then back on them milkshake try these new tabletes BUSCOPAN IBS RELIEF THAT does help stomach pain too thanks