Lately Ive been getting a random cold almost minty feeling in the back of my throat. Its not painful or anything though. I have no idea what it could be. anyone know what im talking about?

I have the same feeling! It's been about a week already. The first time I can remember having the feeling was after drinking too much and throwing up the next day. I'm wondering if the stomach acid along with mints or menthol cigarettes have something to do with it? I've since stopped smoking or eating mints to see if it will go away but it hasn't!

I have been feeling the same sensation; however, I do not smoke or drink, but I am pegnant. It's been about a week now and this feeling comes up shortly after I eat a large meal....

I have been getting this SAME feeling and I really want to know what it is. After I eat. More cold than tingling. I have been drinking "Green" smoothies in the morning in an attempt to go Raw Vegan so maybe this has something to do with it....?

I've been trying to work this feeling out as well - I used to get it when I was breastfeeding my son then it went away for over a year. But now it's back and I don't eat mints. I'm going to keep searching for a reason!

This feeling is what happens when your throat is irritated. This often happens after an episode of reflux. The type of reflux to affect your throat is Laryngo-Paryngeal Reflux which is when your stomach acids back up into your throat. Simple LPR can be treated with lifestye changes and antacids.

No large meals and avoid tight fitting clothes.
Limit or avoid reflux causing foods (onions, spices, chocolate, fatty/fried foods, peppermint, milk products).
You can also try chewing trident sugarfree gum made with xanthum sweetener (a natural antibiotic helps heal damaged esophagus) and
Follow high risk meals with a serving of unsweetened applesauce.

These tips will help, but if your problem gets worse, you should visit a Gastric specialist.

Hope this helps someone. Good luck. :-)

Thank you so much. That helped me out perfectly

Cheers to KCbell73

I have been getting the same feeling on and off from as far back as I remember. It is very annoying because it feels kind of wrong when I get it so I feel like I want to vomit at times, but I dont thankfully. I have it now this morning, which is why I googled it. I always tried to explain it to my family and friends but they always looked at me very strangely as to say they hadnt a clue what I was talking about. I actually thought it might only be me that gets it, but then I found this article :-D. So thanks to that person for explaining what it is, I think I know the cause now as I constantly eat onions, spices and chocolate. Spicy food is my ultimate favourite food and I had some last night, which is why I am probably feeling it today. So looks like I am going to have to suffer on, as there aint a hope that I will ever give up spices. And as for chocolate, I am bleddy allergic to that stuff, but I still cant keep away so that wont end either haha. So its cold throats for life for me haha.

Thanks again for the explanation, I am glad to finally know what it is and to finally find that I am not the only one with the problem. :-D

Dee x

Ok, so I have the same issue, on and off for along time now. For me it is not acid reflux. I do not have any pain with it, and I had horrible acid reflux while I was pregnant. It is nothing like that. Its a cool, tingling feeling in my throat, more often @ night time. Actually always at night time, and then my throat feels like it is swelling shut. Does anyone here experience these symptoms aswell?
Jaime

Thanks KC! I had been feeling the same thing and this was the first thing i read as i googled "cold throat" and then i remember "duhh i have been having a lot of acid refluxxx lately. Ever since i started working out though. Wierrdd. OH well, hopefully it goes away on its own, its not like i can stop working out. lol Thanks for helping figure out what was going on.

i know what it is im 24 and im studying medicine
this is probably frmo allergies... ask yourself have you been
in a different enviroment lately?
it is 35% of the time.
or 65% of the time from cigarettes
you have to stop..
just stop not stop and then continue NO
you have to stop for your whole life!!!
if you start again the feeling will come back and each time it WILL be
worse!!! it takes time to stop a long time for the feeling to stop

Hiya.
I've had a really cold feeling in the back of my throat too.
When I breathe in, it feels like I'm breathing in really cold air, and it gets really irritating.
It worsens at night time and I get headaches along with it. I'm not pregnant and I've only had it for about 5 days now.

The back of my throat has this cold feeling but i only feel it When I breathe in or take a deep breath. When i do breath in or take a deep breath it makes me have to cough and sometimes throw up. When night time comes around it worsens and i cough all night and can't ever go to sleep till the last moment. This has been going on for about a week and a half to about two weeks and its really irratating. I do smoke, i dont know if im allergic to any thing, I do not eat mints. But i have been taking cough drops to help with the coughing.
if someone could help me out it would be great.

I've been getting the same feeling off and on for a long time, but I've never been able to associate it with anything. I've never had problems with acid reflux or heartburn unless it's directly after a meal, and I only seem to get this feeling when I wake up in the morning.

I woke up this morning with it and finally googled it. Before bed, I hadn't had anything to eat for several hours, so I know it can't be food causing it this time. I can definitely see how it might be an irritated throat and how acid reflux might cause it, so I'll try some of the remedies that were offered by the wonderful individual who explained this.
We'll see what happens.

I have the same cold feeling in my throat and its lasted around a week im starting to get worried cuz its not getting better at all. does anyone know more about this cuz im not convinced that i have any sort of acid reflux, it REALLY doesnt seem like thats whats causing it. how lond did this last for u guys?