Hello! I have some question about blocked tear ducts treatment. I had premature birth and my 2 months old baby is diagnosed with blocked tear ducts. Ever since I got back home with her from the hospital she has constant problem with her left eye or it is tearing or it looks only wet alike and there’s always some white yellowish thing on the corner of her eye and sometimes it gets red and swallow. I’m afraid if she has some serious eye disease and two days ago I was actually told she has blocked tear ducts. So my question is what is the best blocked tear ducts treatment? Thanks

Blocked tear ducts are usually common in premature born babies. My baby also had it but I was advised by my doc to leave it that way and it will go away on its own within a year. And my baby is now 9 months and it’s been almost a month now that her blocked tear ducts problem is almost solved – meaning the symptoms are now much less severe than they used to be in recent past period. Of course there’re some preventive steps you need to take care of such as always having clean and washed hands before touching the baby’s eye area for you might try with gentle massage techniques of the affected eye area. Keep that area clean by using clean cotton peace with warm water and clean it with gentle movement from the inner to the out part of the eye. And whenever her eyelid is closed due to the crusted substance just leave the warm water cotton on her eyelids for about few minutes until it gets so mild to reopen. Talk about massage treatment with your doc for they also might be of help.