Hello! I need to hear something about sjogren's syndrome treatment options-I was recently diagnosed with sjogren's syndrome and it affected my eyes and mouth actually I am suffering from its dryness a while and now I am only prescribed some tear drops and to be honest I am not that much satisfied with its effects and am willing to have some other sort of treatment. The thing is that I have heard recently that sjogren's syndrome could cause me serious vision troubles in the future and I would really like avoid this situation and that is why I am so curious to hear of sjogren's syndrome treatment options. Thanks!

My mom suffers the same disease for years now and in the beginning she somehow managed dry eyes and dry mouth situation caused by sjogren's syndrome by taking artificial tears and also she was using some other eye drops I think they are called restasis and are consisted of cyclosporine that are about to treat effectively the eyes affected by this disease and she was also and is still taking some immunosuppressant that are effective in increasing the immune system functions and are good in preventing some serious diseases regarding your lung, kidneys but also blood vessels and nervous system. Anyway it happened that my mom over the time developed serious dry eyes condition causing her further vision problem and so she decided to have a surgery as one of the sjogren's treatment options-in fact she underwent some silicone plugs insertion into her ducts and this is sort of a temporary closure and are about to fall out by themselves or needs to be removed. Another sjogren's treatment option regarding eyes is having collagen inserted into the ducts making your eyes tearing and are eventually dissolved by itself.