Hello! My baby is six months old. I noticed my baby has a green discharge from the left eye. I took her to her pediatrician and he said she had conjunctivitis. How is this possible? Conjunctivitis in a six months old baby!? I think she is too little to get conjunctivitis and I always take good care of hygiene. Her doctor prescribed some eye drops. What if he is wrong?

Hello! It is possible that babies have conjunctivitis too. Young children or babies may suffer from conjunctivitis following a cold or sore throat. Have you checked her throat? Maybe you haven’t noticed it was inflamed. It is also possible that conjunctivitis may occur in babies if the tear ducts are not fully developed. Use the medicine your doctor has prescribed and don’t worry. Her eyes will be well soon. If you notice that infection persists you should take her to the doctor again.